Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Bogdan Fiedur

4624 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Don’t fight forces....
3/7/2005 10:53:04 AM
"Don’t fight forces – use them." – Buckminster Fuller, Inventor, Philosopher
Be a victor not a victim. Simply be responsible for what happensin your life.
Truth can only be found by those who have the humility to consider what they do not prefer.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn | Tumblr | My Blog

+0
Amalia Sotiriadou

69 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Don’t fight forces....
3/7/2005 6:22:11 PM
Obviousy Mr. Fuller did not have much experience with our local bureaucracy. Or maybe he did, and decided that "if you can't fight them, join them!" Amalia http://www.showmypage.com
Respect is not given - it is EARNED All the FREE stuff you need for your computer and a lot more! http://www.computerbom.net
+0
Thea Westra

235 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
3/7/2005 8:34:18 PM
Here's a "force" to be reckoned with: "When two or more are gathered together in harmony with a focused intention they access Infinite Intelligence that can assist the individuals in achieving more together than they could do separately". (Napoleon Hill's concept ….author of "Think and Grow Rich") Join a group of inspiring people each week in a free coaching/mastermind session. Download a free e-book at my mentoring for free site, see link in my signature below. No selling, no recruiting, no company names mentioned. Pure inspiration, expansion of self and learning. It's a weekly 'shot in the arm' for your business, no matter what type of business you have. Love from Thea :)
+0
3/8/2005 11:26:05 AM
In essence Buckminster is saying, "If you can't beat them Join them." I venture to say that, that thinking leads to corruption. Arnold M. Patent put it this way: "The first step in changing what you want is to truly recognize that what you now have is what you want, even though you think you want something else." He goes on to give three more steps in changing what you want without falling into a trap. Rudolph
+0
Bogdan Fiedur

4624 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/8/2005 3:40:07 PM
Hi Rudolph, I don't believe Buckminster is saying this. In some sports like boxing you are very often instructed to use your opponent's power to defeat him or her. Instead of using your own energy you let the opponent to do the work for you by being prepared better technically. You trick your opponent by being faster and being able to avoid hits. Also it is much easer to bring down the opponent, if he or she is already moving into direction you want them to fall. You just take the advantage of the motion. Also consider sailing. You are able to sale against the wind if you know how. Bogdan
Be a victor not a victim. Simply be responsible for what happensin your life.
Truth can only be found by those who have the humility to consider what they do not prefer.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn | Tumblr | My Blog

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!