Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Eileen H

986 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Seems Like a Scam To Me from Within!
11/19/2005 8:31:04 AM
Good Morning everyone, Just got an email From Kenneth. It seems that he recieved an email from within and it looks really fishy. It's from a New Member with very little profile. I don't want to allianate any new members, so I won't give out the profile just yet. I want to give everyone a chance to explain. Although in this email there is no website address and only a Yahoo email, that I didn't include as well. Please be careful of the programs that you get involved with. You could loose money or even worse than that, It could be very dangerous. If anyone knows anything about this, Other than it being a scam, Please Let us know. As of Now I am thinking.... it is a scam! Here is the email that was recieved: ****************************************** Date: 11/19/2005 22 Carats GOLD DUST FOR SALE FULL CORPORATE OFFER Commodity: Au - Dust Quantity : Minimum 10kg, upto 1000kg Maximum per shipment order. Quality : « Au » 92.67% Gold Dust for 22 carats and plus. Origin : Ghana, West Africa. Price : U$D6,000 Commissions : Applicable to agent only 1% of total value purchase. Delivery : FOB Payment : After Assay result. All payments will be made in US Dollars by an International First Class Bank Swift Wire Transfer. Procedure : The monthly payments will be wire transferred seven (7) banking days after the reception of the entire goods and full payment from the refinery. This sales offer is also conditional upon the signature of a contract binding both the seller and the buyer for the term specified herein. The seller provides the buyer with: a) The certificate of origin, b) The certificate of analysis issued by SGS or similar, c) The certificate of property, d) The bill of loading from the air carrier, e) The certificate of exportation f) The commercial invoice in the buyer’s name g) The Safe Keeping Receipt, h) All relevant or necessary documentation at buyer’s request. For any question or order for purchase, contactus.: ************************************ Smelling Something Any ONE :)
+0
Gene Tinney

468 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Seems Like a Scam To Me from Within!
11/19/2005 9:42:10 AM
hi Eileen,i can't remember exactly,but i think that i may have gotten that in my yahoo e-mail a couple weeks ago.i put it to spam so you can tell what i thought of it. your friend Gene
+0
11/19/2005 12:09:33 PM
Hi Eileen and everyone. Yeah it sounds scammy to me too. What I do when I get questionable emails of this sort is to report them to my ISP. I just tell them that something about said email does not seem right and could they look into it. They usually reply saying "Thank you". I think most ISP's have people on staff to check these sorts of things out. They have a reputation to worry about as well, and don't want ther "GOOD" customers being ripped off. Hope this can be of some help. Richard ______________________________________________ http://www.abetterincomeonline.com
+0
11/19/2005 12:12:37 PM
Eileen, You bet I'm smelling something on this. It is getting to be a sad fact, but anything originating out of any African State these days is almost 90% of the time a scam of some sort. Which is bad news for the 10% of honest marketers there as they are treated exactly the same as all the scammers. I would advise Kenneth that if there is not A name or company that can be checked up on, if the 'new member' does not want his identity known or refuses to put anything in his profile. Then either ignore it, or inform the 'new member' that if he cannot be forthcoming with any personal information about himself, then how does he expect anyone to afford him the same. Maybe contacting Bogdan or Admin about this 'member' would be a good idea too. Your security friend in Las Vegas.
+0
Bev
Bev Hofmann

114 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
11/19/2005 12:49:30 PM
Once again the community comes together and takes steps to protect others from shady or outright dishonest deals. Thank you, thank you!
Cheers, Bev Advertising that actually pays you! http://www.bannersbroker.com/bevsbb
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!