Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Bogdan Fiedur

4624 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
An idea can turn into dust or magic.....
3/2/2005 9:42:54 AM
"An idea can turn into dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it. " – William Bernbach, advertising executive
Be a victor not a victim. Simply be responsible for what happensin your life.
Truth can only be found by those who have the humility to consider what they do not prefer.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn | Tumblr | My Blog

+0
Thomas West

8 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: An idea can turn into dust or magic.....
3/2/2005 9:59:06 AM
"Talent" is a dangerous word. To many, someone who can play a musical instrument or sing well has a "talent." There is no doubt that some people possess attributes that make it easier to become successful, but that does not mean that every person who is successful has some innate "talent" that got them there. In my full-time job, I am a school band director. It really bugs me when people say, "Oh, I can't sing! I have no talent!" The truth is that they don't lack talent, they lack the BELIEF that they can do it! Someone told them when they were a kid that they were a horrible singer. Their natural aptitude may not lend itself well to singing, but that does not mean that they could not be a good singer if they truly wanted to do so. Find the intellectual and physical things that "come naturally" to you and use those to meet your goals. Those things that "come naturally" are the areas that you have high aptitude, or if you prefer, "talent." Don't give up on something just because someone else "makes it look so easy." They may have "talent," but they may just work really hard and learn everything the hard way, too. For more on designing your own successful attitude, visit my Adland forum: http://community.adlandpro.com/forumShow.aspx?ForumID=1372 Make it a good day,
+0
Bogdan Fiedur

4624 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/2/2005 11:09:49 AM
Hi Thomas, I believe the author of this quote used word "Talent" as the word "ability". In my opinion we have various talents. Determining what is our best talent is the challenge. Talent in music is one which can be determined easier than other talents at very early stages. I don't think you would argue with me on that one being a music teacher. I know some people who definitely have no talent in singing. Again having talent doesn't mean that person will accomplish anything with it. Bogdan
Be a victor not a victim. Simply be responsible for what happensin your life.
Truth can only be found by those who have the humility to consider what they do not prefer.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn | Tumblr | My Blog

+0
Marie Gervacio

77 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
3/2/2005 11:16:06 AM
Wonderfully said Thomas! If we come with an idea we had sufficient "talent" to get to that point... Turn that idea into magic by working on it and never give up... give up and it turns to dust. Can you beleive it took Thomas Edison and his "Dream Team" over 1000 tries to get the incandescent light to work?! What if his idea turned to dust? And his talent was really based on a group of men he pulled together to make his idea work! Good thing he did look at all those misses as failure but as a process of elimination and 1 step closer to the magic! All of us have different ideas and capabilities that can produce wonderous results if just worked on... till they produce "magic" and are recognized by others. Talent is really the will that all successful "talented" people have to bring their capabilities to light. We are all capable of great things! Don't set limits - Work on ideas and Shine! *sidenote* as a proud mother I am glad I put up with squeaky notes when my son first brought home a trumpet... his "talent" some call it came from lots of practice, private lessons and frustrations (and lots of waiter jobs lol)... but on Feb 15, 2005 he can be heard on a newly released CD playing that trumpet.... that is music to my ears...
Marie Gervacio Your Personal Success Coach
Health & Wealth: http://www.mynsp.com/shineyourstar
+0
Amalia Sotiriadou

69 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
3/2/2005 12:03:12 PM
"Talent" and/or "ability" are nothing unless the person posessing it is determined to do something with it, e.g. to turn that idea into reality. So much talent goes to waste simply because people don't go the extra mile to cultivate it and use it. Too many people stop halfway there, scared by the obstacles they have to overcome. I come from a very talented family and have been lucky enough to have had quite a few talented friends of various talents. Almost all of them had dreams and ideas - either their own or suggested by others. Very few of them ever managed to rise above mediocrity (at least so far). It wasn't the lack of talent or the lack of the idea that stopped them, it was external factors and the inability to rise above the obstacles. Amalia http://www.showmypage.com
Respect is not given - it is EARNED All the FREE stuff you need for your computer and a lot more! http://www.computerbom.net
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!