Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Podcasting - is this lillypad tossing for toads?
11/14/2005 10:15:27 AM
We see the commercials on TV, hear them on the radio, read them in newspapers and flyers and see the images and product on the internet and in stores. iPod. A little device that can store more audio than you can listen to in a week or more. A system that has an mp3 player software and a database to organize all recorded content. There are other devices that do this also but, iPod is the recognized name for most. Why do I bring this up? Podcasting. I am going to share some material from Wikipedia on this subject since there is so much on this topic. Before I do, I will mention this. Podcasting is not just for iPods. Blogs and RSS are becoming more useful and integrated with podcasting and software is available for you to play podcasts right on your computer. Ok, from Wikipedia: "Podcasting is a blanket term used to describe a collection of technologies for automatically distributing audio and video programs over the internet via a publish and subscribe model. Podcasting enables independent producers to create self-published, syndicated "radio shows," and gives broadcast radio or television programs a new distribution method. In the podcasting model, the publisher publishes a list of programs in a special format, known as a "feed", on the web. A user who wants to see or hear the podcast subscribes to the feed in special "podcatching" software (a type of aggregator), which periodically checks the feed and automatically downloads new programs as they become available. Typically, the podcatching software also transfers the program to a desktop or portable media player. Most podcatching software facilitates copying podcasts to portable music players. Any digital audio player or computer with audio-playing software can play podcasts. From the earliest RSS-enclosure tests in 2000-2001, feeds have been used to deliver video files as well as audio. By 2005 some aggregators and mobile devices could receive and play video, but the "podcast" name remained most associated with audio. "Podcasting" is a portmanteau that combines the words "broadcasting" and "iPod." The term can be misleading since neither podcasting nor listening to podcasts requires an iPod or any portable player, and no broadcasting is required. Aware of that misleading association from the beginning, some writers have suggested alternative names or reinterpretations of the letters "p-o-d", without winning much of a following.[1] One little-used alternative is "blogcasting", which implies content based on, or similar in format to, blogs. Another is "audioblogging." " To follow more on this you may find it here. I'll cover in the next post how blogging and podcasting work together and how this can be beneficial to your business. To technology and success. Kenneth R Sword Jr
+0
Lisa Westberry

1972 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Podcasting - is this lillypad tossing for toads?
11/14/2005 10:24:44 AM
This sounds really interesting and a great new idea. I look forward to hearing more about it. I will check out that link you supplied here to. Thank Kenneth, Great New Picture of you. I did not know you played in a band!!!! Awesome, My Husband does to, He is a base player. 7 string!! Have a great Day. Smiles from your Friend,
+0
Nan
Nan Herring

3059 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/14/2005 2:37:18 PM
hi, i am writing an artical for my blog about iPod, so this was very informative and interesting also. there is so much new technology that it is hard to keep up with it. by the way i love the picture. nan
+0
Nan
Nan Herring

3059 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/18/2005 12:13:30 AM
hi, i have discovered that an iPd can organize your contact list, keep a daybook, and even store notes. with an iPod, a cell phone, and a blog that has the technology, your office can be moble, without all the worry and hassel. it can also be a way to keep a family in contant touch. nan
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/21/2005 2:49:52 AM
Hi Kenneth, Thanks for the invitation. This is very interesting to me - it seems that no matter how I try to keep up, there's always something more to learn. Thank you for the information. God bless, Dave
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!