Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Vi
Vi Shahan

201 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: What does success mean to you?
11/13/2005 8:55:33 AM
You and I are on the same track, but I cant seem to get people there, but with working together we can change the world, one person at a time! That is what the universe says to do. You are much more experienced than I, so I will take lessons from you.
"Change Your Mind." "Change Your Life." Vi Shahan Website: http://www.preventionsecrets.com http://www.vi.scent-team.com
+0
Sandy Morgan

219 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
11/13/2005 12:21:28 PM
My life is full of successes! Born with Cerebral Palsy, my prognosis was that I'd be a vegetable and never sit up. As the song goes, "If he (my doctor) could see me now! I've live my life as everyone does. To attend school, college, get a job, live on my own was just the thing humans do. I accomplised that and much more in my 57 years! My path seemed to take a teaching role. I landed a job as a Teacher's Assistant before graduating from college! After 11 years, I found myself involved in the Indepedent Living Movement. We had a great celebration as Minnesota was granted one of the first Centers for Independent Living in the country! My time there allowed me to help many move from institutions or te homes of parents to living in their own place. I authored a book, "Opening the Doors to Indepentdent Living". This led to my co-writing instructional manuals for the MN Dept. of Education. Jumping ahead to the present, I'm still teaching. I'm now teaching the power of sending cards. Sending cards is changing lives. Success! I'm living it!
+0
Manuel Davis

261 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
11/13/2005 7:22:38 PM
Linda, I am in no way going to comment on the whole thing that you have written there, but I will say this: Freedom to me, is being able to go and come as I please, it is sleeping as long as I want on a Monday, it is being able to work from home, with no one calling me on the phone to see if I have completed the assigned task and why hasn't they received the email confirmation... It is being able to pick up and travel without wondering how I will pay my bills when I get back home, it is not having an astronomical rental in order to stay in the City that never sleeps, it is feeling safe in my home without having vicious dogs on patrol, it is wearing what I like to wear and living in the City that I love, in the greatest country in this world. It is knowing that I have done my share to save the way that we all live, from ridicule and terrorism. Freedom is being an American, living in America, at a time where the world’s is being tested to see if we will blow ourselves off the face of Gods greatest creation EARTH. All that is what Freedom is to me… Sincerely, Manuel D.
+0
11/13/2005 8:29:19 PM
Hi Linda, Thankyou for your excellent information, Success to me is when I enrol someone who likes to communicate,when I can give up my dirtworld job. That's Success to me! Thanks Leanne Busby http://www.aussie-money-tree.biz
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
11/13/2005 9:34:19 PM
Linda, What a very interesting question, one that I've been exploring with the help of friends in one of my forums. At this time, success to me is living in harmony with my values. Which of course begs the question of what my values are. That might take all day to list. If I boiled it down to what I want, it is to live prosperously while being in complete control of my time. What would I do with my time? Enjoy life, including my family and friends as well as pastimes I find entertaining. What would I do with prosperity? Other than using it to enjoy life, I'd like to make a difference for others who haven't had the advantages I have. I'd actually like to make a BIG difference, but perhaps that's ego. What I discovered in the exploration I mentioned is that I no longer equate success with prosperity. Which may mean I have to change the name...or the theme...of my website! In fact, if I stop interpreting prosperity to mean "more than I have now" and view it as a relative thing, I could say I have that, as well as success. The only thing I don't have is complete control over my time. I'm still seeking that. Isn't it grand that at almost 57 years of age, I still have a goal to reach for? I believe that if we ever achieve all of our goals and can't find anything else to reach for, sheer boredom may kill us. What do you think about that? Cheri
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!