Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Strange Money #4 : Autosurf
11/9/2005 10:32:34 PM
Hi... The "strange money" threads look at some of the "profit" programs out there, so we can add light and logic to what's being promoted on the web, and here at Adland, too. If you want to catch up; 1: Strange Ways to Make Money 2: paypal randomizer 3: Pay to Surf Programs This Thread: Autosurf! When I say "autosurf programs" I am referring to software that surfs websites. Some of the ones you may be familiar with are 12dailypro.com, 4dailypro, Auto-Surf.biz, 2Week Surf, etc. I have tried to discuss this subject with other members, and good grief, talk about a loaded subject. -- There are some members who say there's no point using them if you have no programs to advertise because it's about mega traffic. -- There are members who say you don't get any sales or signups from them at all. -- There are other members that get very angry or very silent if you ask anything at all. -- There are some who thing it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. -- There are others who think they're bordering on illegal. So who's right? I had one member send me a private message because he did not want to reply in public. He said "autosurf is not about the traffic. you don't get any signups or sales from autosurf software. It's just a bunch of people using software to hit each other's sites. It's about the money. I know it's going to collapse one day, so it's a gamble. As long as you know it's about the money not the traffic, and you don't mind gambling..." Now... remember that, okay? We'll come back to it. Probably the most honest statement was made by Jon (in the "pay to surf" thread) who has worked on the php scripts that run these types of programs. He said; I helped work on a couple of php scripts that are now sold to webmasters ...I did not work on the 4daily.com, or 12daily.com scripts. Honestly, these seem to be something close to a ponzi scheme included with an autosurf program in my opinion. Ponzi? Hmmm. I started to check this out a little more. Here's 2 links you should read. They are very short (a paragraph each in big, easy to read lettering) http://www.sec.gov/answers/pyramid.htm http://www.sec.gov/answers/ponzi.htm After I read the private message I got... and the 12daily site... and the two links at the US Securities Exchange site (links above) it began to make sense. Autosurf programs are not about the traffic. The traffic - as Jon pointed out - is included to prevent the program from being an illegal pyramid or ponzi. An illegal pyramid or ponzi has no "product" for sale and makes money off recruitment. By adding a "product" they make it legal. What is the product? Bogus traffic. Autosurf programs hitting each other's sites, sucking up bandwidth without any real eyeballs viewing the websites. But it's a product. If you think they are about the traffic, you're wrong. There is a member here (name not mentioned unless absolutely necessary) who had to post a public message telling people to STOP hitting his program with autosurf programs because he had exceeded his bandwidth and was at risk of getting his site shut down - and NO sales or signups. It's not about the traffic. It's about the money. Yes, you can make some money at it just like with any pyramid scheme. But be aware that they will collapse eventually. Comments? : ) Linda
+0
Re: Strange Money #4 : Autosurf
11/9/2005 10:59:21 PM
Hi Linda, That make strange money wrote me about a year ago and told me that I had over $100,000. But I never did see that money LOL. Carolyn Sproul
Carolyn Mary Sproul
+0
Bob
Bob Needham

115 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
11/9/2005 11:29:24 PM
Hi Linda, I think these auto surf sites are absolutely bogus for building traffic to your site. You said it best in your analogy in another post about people running in your store for 20 seconds, then running into the next store for 20 seconds, and so on, and so on. BUT... for making money, they are terrific! I think Ponzi is incorrect, I would classify them more as a HYIP (High Yield Investment Program). You invest what you want and keep the funds in the program for X amount of days and cash out. Some are certainly Ponzi, some are outright scams, but some are really sincere in what they are doing. I invested $72 in 12DailyPro and have "earned" over $500. (screenshot available, p.m. me) I don't think it will last forever, maybe "new" members are required in order to pay out older members. But you are free to evaluate your own "reward to risk" tolerance and act accordingly. I have a 12DailyPro tutrial running here:

http://community.adlandpro.com/forumShowPost.aspx?PostID=149360

All the best. Bob
+0
Gary Simpson

557 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
11/9/2005 11:41:25 PM
Hi Linda, Well, well, well... The US Government warning and the figures it uses here: http://www.sec.gov/answers/pyramid.htm looks mighty similar to the figures I used in my post on the thread for the Paypal Randomizer here: http://community.adlandpro.com/forumShowPost.aspx?PostID=187263 except it uses a progression factor of 6 and I used 3. The effect is still the same - you run out of people - quickly! So, I guess I was on the right track. After all, how can you argue with US Government information or data? Hmm. Think about that last sentence! (weapons of mass destruction in Iraq?) Sorry, forumites, I know I am off the thread a bit. I just had to make that point. If you haven't read the "Paypal Randomizer" discussion that we had then check it out from start to finish. It makes for pretty lively reading and there are so many points discussed. It's quite informative and contains some pretty good information. Gary Simpson
+0
11/10/2005 3:12:45 AM
Hey Bob! Good to see you join in! ============================ I think these auto surf sites are absolutely bogus for building traffic to your site. You said it best in your analogy in another post about people running in your store for 20 seconds, then running into the next store for 20 seconds, and so on, and so on. ============================ Oh, you mean the one I got sliced to ribbons for. LOL THANK YOU! ============================ BUT... for making money, they are terrific! I think Ponzi is incorrect, I would classify them more as a HYIP (High Yield Investment Program). You invest what you want and keep the funds in the program for X amount of days and cash out. .....snipped a bit ..... I don't think it will last forever, maybe "new" members are required in order to pay out older members. But you are free to evaluate your own "reward to risk" tolerance ============================ And again - THANK YOU! See, there are so many people that think these programs drive "awesome" traffic -- and it's NOT awesome traffic. There are members here telling people that it's about the traffic, you need to have programs to promote, etc., etc. -- and that is simply wrong. It's garbage traffic; software hitting each other's sites with no results for the most part. These aren't about the traffic, they're about the money. The traffic is a "front" for the money making program and I wanted people to know that. After that, they're grown ups and can make their own decisions... as long as they know what they're doing. Thanks for pitching in from someone that's using it. : ) Linda
+0