Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Gary Simpson

557 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Strange Money #2: Paypal Randomizer
11/6/2005 6:33:03 PM
Hi Arthur, You were busy posting at the same time as me so I didn't see your comments. Quoting myself: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ "Understand that you have to remove the "players" from the population pool if they are already in the "game." Yes, you can always have them re-join but if they made no money the first time, would they do that?" ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Arthur, thank you. You just proved one of my points. Gary Simpson
+0
11/6/2005 8:38:48 PM
Hi Gary; ============================ To me, it seems like an electronic variation of the old pyramid sales letter scheme ..where you send $X to the name at the top of the lists then add your name to the bottom of the lists. The problem, as I see it, is threefold: 1 - Lots of people will not be interested at all (reduces the numbers). 2 - Lots of people will cheat the system (ie put their name at the top) 3 - Very soon, because of the exponential growth of the numbers there are not enough people left to propagate the system. ============================ With the traditional pyramids, those are very true. With the "paypal randomizer" there's a whole new twist that many don't think of and probably many people don't understand. See, in the "old" pyramid (on paper) people could cheat and put their name at the top. They can't do that with the paypal randomizer. But, there are two things that come into play with an online randomizer such as this one. 1) There are many types of randomizers. Is it an evenly weighted randomizer? Or an uneven randomizer. You see, in an evenly weighted randomizer, each name would show once, in random order, before a name is shown twice. In an uneven randomizer, one name can be shown multiple times before another name comes up even once. If it's an uneven randomizer, what is the weight criteria? Is it set by number of referrals? By owner preference? Or how? Most people don't understand enough about technology and it leaves them vulnerable. For example, counters can be tripped and set to count in increments and inflated. Randomizers can be set with even weight or uneven weight according to the criteria set by the programmer/owner. 2) In a typical pyramid the supposition is that the more people in the pyramid, the more you make. In a randomizer such as this one, it's more like a lottery. For example, if there are 5 people whose names "come up at random" - they would get paid more often. But what about when there is 5,000? One name isn't going to come up quite so often then. Unless, of course, it's weighted as I discussed in the above point. Then the issue becomes "what is the weighting criteria?" - something that no one I talked to (so far) had any information about. : ) Linda
+0
Janise Collins

369 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
11/7/2005 1:52:53 AM
Yep! ;-) Show me the money. I concur with you don't just "talk the talk-walk the walk" How did you do it and what are the steps I can use to get the same results. Have a blessed and successful day! Your friend, Classic Corners "Nothing is impossible when you dream" The DreamTeam http://jcollins1.fggweb.com http://www.classicwebstore.com
Hope to meet you soon! Regards, Classic Corners http://www.classicwebstore.com
+0
11/7/2005 4:43:00 AM
Friends How to get "success" with Randowizer`s is to use all kind of promotion-tools there is out there, IF the webowner of the Randomizer allow all kind of advertice. One of this does`nt allow autosurfing, but there are a lot of other ways - like banners. Tell a friend - teach the biz to that person - help start building/promoting. Then start a new.. KISS/MISS - You just can`t loose with doing it right. I promote every day in 47 engines, and gets 10.000 of clicks - BUT click is not a sign-up, therefor follow-up the clicks if You have time. Any question - send me a message. Best regards Arild
+0
Winston Scoville

536 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
11/7/2005 7:55:26 AM
Just out of curosity, I had a look while on paypal this morning. http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/ua/use/index_frame-outside&ed=rich_quick It will be interesting to see how long Paypal lets this program run as it defies their own rules stated on the first line of the page above . . . "You may not use PayPal to send or receive payments for any form of multi-level marketing programs (including online payment randomizers), as well as matrix, pyramid and Ponzi schemes, "get rich quick" scheme, or other similar ventures"
+0