Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Blogs Are Like Transformers ...
11/4/2005 5:15:37 PM
Hello everyone, We all are hearing about it and seeing more of it ... Blogs and Blogging. It's hot but people are still not sure of what it is or how to use it. Bill Dugan, an AdlandPro member has a forum that covers the setup and basic understanding of a blog and how to get it syndicated. http://community.adlandpro.com/forumShow.aspx?ForumID=9305 Blogs are becoming more sophisticated in how you can use them. Looking into adding features to my company's blog service has me studying other technologies. Phone text messeging and podcasting are coming into the picture now and look to be coming on STRONG! So, let me briefly tell about text messeging using cell phones and email sends. First, to use a cell phone, you need to have email service through your mobile service provider (MSP). Same as recieving email you can send email. Now, if your blog service is equiped for mobile text messeging you will need to supply your blog in it's setup the email address you have with your MSP. Some blog services will give you a special addy to put in your cellphone to send to your blog. It's a security feature so you don't get alot of postings you don't wish to recieve from other cell phones and you will know where the post came from. Why would you want to send from your cell phone a messege to your blog. Let's say you are in the sporting goods business. You hear that the city is going to allocate a huge amount of money into Parks and Recreations and that means equipment sales. Why would you send this to your blog? If your blog is private and used as an idea journal you can enter info like as if it's a daytimer. A reminder for later. Let's say though you have a public blog, instead of sending info on sporting equipment you know the city will be looking for landscapers and other contractors that are not in competition with you. Posting it could get you in touch as a middle person for more info and start a network with other fields that can work together, expanding your business as well. This is only an example and don't be afraid to use your imagination. Also, you can use your regular email to send to the blog, too. Setup is similar and used the same. I'll cover podcasting soon. Kenneth R Sword Jr
+0
Nan
Nan Herring

3059 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Blogs Are Like Transformers ...
11/4/2005 6:16:36 PM
oooooooooooooo this is getting more and more exciting. blogs have so many wonderful uses it looks like a blog could become a vertual office soon. they truely are accessable from anywhere, and with the phone seervice, work can be a lot easier.
+0
Teri Fitzgerald

166 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
11/5/2005 1:36:06 AM
Thank you Kenneth. Very interesting! Happy Blogging!! ;-) Teri
~ Mother Earthbeats ~ This Virtual World ~*~ Walk in Grace, Beauty and Balance... ~*~
+0
11/5/2005 10:08:38 PM
Great stuff Kenneth! Thanks for sharing.
Scot Robnett

DIY Websites:
www.buildyoursite.biz

Search Engine Competitive Intelligence:
www.adgooroo.com
+0
Lisa Lomas

707 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
11/6/2005 6:05:24 PM
Hi Kenneth, what I like about blogging is anyone can do it, even us not so techie savvy. Thank you so much for sharing more of your information, keep it up please I am a keen student. Kindest Regards Lisa Lomas
Thinking of visiting New Zealand. A must see is Hawkes Bay, Hastings. http://www.hawkesbaymotel.co.nz
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!