Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Kathy Clark

172 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Tell me about your Country, City, State
11/3/2005 11:55:55 PM
You can read all about my favorite places: Alaska - Anchorage, Fairbanks, Willow, Kenai, etc. Alabama Texas Louisiana Now share where you are from and what is so unique about your home places. To all my newest Friends, please check out my Forums.
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Tell me about your Country, City, State
11/4/2005 8:18:01 PM
Kathy, What a fun subject! Here's my contribution: Although I was born and raised in Texas, I have now lived in Utah the majority of my life. Utah is considered a desert state because of the low rainfall, but if you're thinking nothing but sand, nothing is further from the truth. With five national parks, Utah is America's national parks capital. These national parks include: Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon, Arches National Park, Canyonlands National Park, and Capitol Reef National Park. In addition to these, we have national forests, national recreation areas, the Great Salt Lake, Lake Powell, numerous smaller lakes, dinosaur quarries, ski resorts (best snow on earth), and some of the most breathtaking, dramatic scenery in the world. We have a rich history, a thriving (booming) economy, clean air, more things to do and places to see than I could possibly list. Google "Utah Tourism" for the rest of the story. I'll revert to a Texas-ism to finish up: y'all come. Cheri
+0
Kathy Clark

172 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
11/4/2005 10:46:53 PM
Cheri, So good to hear from you. You make Utah sound so interesting. All I have seen is the airport. Thanks for the reply
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
11/5/2005 11:18:31 AM
Kathy, Well, then you must come to see me and I'll show you some more of this beautiful state. Cheri PS Isn't it funny that we spend time and money going on travels and so many of us don't explore what's right in our back yards? That's true for my husband and me, anyway. Though we've seen a lot of Utah, there's so much more we haven't explored.
+0
Kathy Clark

172 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
11/5/2005 10:17:02 PM
Cheri, That is so true. I have found that we don't really explore our surroundings until we have a visitor and we show them around. We need to learn to smell the roses for ourselves as well. We lived in Alaska all those years and yet there is so much we never saw while we lived there. Thanks to my Dad, we did do and see some of the State. He really loved it there. You never know, I may show up on your doorstep one of these days and take you up on your offer. Thanks.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!