Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: Your Friendship at Adland Community
8/14/2006 1:06:55 AM

Dear Doctor David and all our new friends at AdLandPro Community!

My husband, John, and I sincerely appreciate all the new friends we have found here.  Let me tell you a bit about ourselves:

Disclaimer:  I am NOT crying about the following, nor am I trying to play on your sympathies.  I am merely expressly some unfortunate truths.

John and I met at the Gospel Rescue Mission, in Grants Pass, OR in October of 1994.  We were both resident there after having lost jobs and homes.  It was during the time when Oregon's economy was so severely depressed and many of the lumber mills (#1 employers) were closing.  Other companies were down-sizing their numbers of employees.

John and I married on March 18, 1995, and moved out of the Mission and into a tent at a State Park campsite.  We worked at various jobs, including carnivals,  grape harvest, property caretaking, and for a while lived on the nickel deposits from soda and beer containers. 

Through a variety of temporary jobs interspersed with bouts of homelessness, we migrated our way to Prescott, AZ, where we have lived since 1997.

We have never been more than a single missed paycheck from being homeless (again), and have been so on and off for about half of our married life.  The latest stint was from Sept. of 2005 to Nov. of 2006.   A 7x9-foot tent - winter - 12 degrees - 8 inches of snow.  That began to change in July of 2005, when I was hired by the newest local Wal-Mart.  In Nov. 2005, we moved into a motel.  Bought our computer for our Christmas present.  In April this year, we moved to where we live now.  And as you can see, we are live on the web, we have email - but no phone yet (we just signed up for broadband phone).

As John now has a disability which keeps him from doing the construction work he is so accomplished at, we looked into online business opportunities to find a path to meaningful income for him - and us.

Stufrsumpn Company bought it's first domain in June this year, and now we have two domains, several businesses started up (mostly affiliate advertising) and are expanding.  We're learning HTML and javascript as we go.

We invite any and all of our new friends to join us, and partner with us.  Success to us all!

Midge (and John) Baker

Midge Baker Stufrsumpn Company http://adtrack.trafficwave.net/t.pl/19732/109135 Join the reviewers at Sime~Gen! http://www.simegen.com/agreements/revagr.html
+0
Re: Your Friendship at Adland Community
8/14/2006 1:28:35 AM
Hi Dr Dave;

I got a lot of admiration & respect for you even though we haven't spent much time together. I'll never forget about how you were upset at me for investing in those autosurf programs. Have to tell you though, you were damn right!!! Still use autosurfs but only for traffic now.

Currently I am learning website composition & will be attending college for it come Sept 6th. I have a humor website (see signature) that I enjoy finding & posting new content to regularly. I display jokes & online games, have a political jokes page, also a wiErD nEwS page.

I talked with Ricster a couple weeks back & resigned up for Wosat. Don't know if I can get as involved as I'd like to, we'll see how it goes.

Great forum!!

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!