Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
God Bless America - What would the world be like without the U.S.A.?
10/20/2005 4:35:27 AM
Hello everyone! Thank you for your interest. Wherever you live, whatever your background, remember that YOU probably have relatives who are Americans! The US is an incredibly diverse mixture of people from every other nation on Earth! I'm a Canadian. Canadians have enjoyed a wonderful relationship with our friends in the U.S. for many years. Our soldiers have also fought side-by-side with American soldiers in many conflicts over the years. To name a few: WWI, WWII, Korea, the Cold War, Vietnam, Kuwait, Afghanistan, and yes, while Canada is not officially in it, there are Canadian soldiers standing side-by-side with their American comrades in Iraq. (These are soldiers who are part of a special exchange program.) During the Korean War, the President of the U.S. gave a special Unit Citation to the Canadian battalion, of which my father was a part, (see memorial at http://davecottrell.com/west3.html ). Why do I mention these conflicts and the involvement of the U.S. when I am a Canadian? Simply this: we are a much smaller country and while being allies of the U.S. for many years, could not have made the DIFFERENCE the U.S. has made. Now take a moment and imagine the world today WITHOUT the involvement of American soldiers all over the world. The world would today be ruled by the Axis powers of the late nineteen-thirties and early forties. God bless America! It didn't happen. Thank God that American goods, armor and soldiers were sent to "someone else's war" in Europe! After WWII, Communism and one of the worst regimes in history (far more people were killed by Stalin and his cronies than by Hitler - check your history) began to spread across Europe. The Berlin wall went up, and people on the other side went into slavery. God bless America! It didn't keep spreading, eventually the wall came down, and Eastern Europe is now experiencing freedom undreamed of only a short time ago! If the U.S. hadn't stood up to the bully, strength for strength, and yes, missile for missile, no one would have been able to stand up to them. If the U.S. had stayed out of Korea, there would be no South Korea today, and all of Korea would be under the harsh rule of the present North Korean regime who pour money into their military while literally allowing their people to starve. God bless America! At least half the country is free and able to live well. Americans DID pull out of Vietnam - what a shame - as soon as they were gone, the Kmer Rouge under Pol Pot invaded Cambodia and slaughtered MILLIONS of people with no one to stop him. If the American people had stood behind their leaders on that war, MILLIONS might not have perished. Many have decried the U.S. and its allies for getting involved in the conflict between Kuwait and Iraq in the Gulf War, saying that it was all about oil. Perhaps oil had a great deal to do with it - but have you thought about what the prices would be at the pump now, if Saddam Hussein had been allowed to keep the oil fields he stole from Kuwait? Or what could have happened to the whole World economy? Or what kind of arms he could have purchased with the billions of dollars he would have made? God bless America! He didn't get away with it! There have been many, smaller, but no less brutal conflicts over the years where the U.S. has made a huge difference in the outcome of world affairs. While war is a terrible thing, it often takes a really big stick to keep dictators and despots from stealing freedom and destroying countless lives. Because of the freedom and wealth of the U.S., the stick has been big enough. God bless America. Pray for wise leaders who will call on God for direction and courageously stand up for what they believe is right. God bless, Dave
+0
Carla Carey

3910 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: God Bless America - What would the world be like without the U.S.A.?
10/20/2005 7:22:03 AM
HI DAVE, Thanks for this forum.I had a son who fought in Iraq, fortunately he wasn't in the front lines so I didn't have to worry about him constantly but God did protect him.I am praying for our leaders so they will make the right decision. It is good that the world is taking a stand together against these terrorists! God Bless America! AMEN AND AMEN Thanks alot! Carla
Glad to make your acquaintance! Carla Carey
+0
10/20/2005 7:23:16 AM
Great post Dave, Yes, I am glad to be American. I am also grateful for my FourGospels Christian Ministry because it is only available in the USA. This is a great country but still needs to know God's word.
+0
10/20/2005 7:44:42 AM
Thanks for invite my friend Dave. Maybe not the right person to ask, but I think there have not been so much peace without U.S.A.
+0
Ricardo Alcaraz

203 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
10/20/2005 9:19:01 AM
Hello Dave, I'm grateful for America's involvement in the liberation of my country in the previous world war. My grand-uncle was one of those who marched side-by-side with Americans in the Bataan Death march. He has recently passed away this year. Yes, God bless America ... and everybody else, Ricardo
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!