Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: It's Never Too Late To . . .
3/22/2006 10:29:39 AM
Dear Cheri, Okay, I have 2 dreams--to hear one of my songs on the radio, and to get healthy enough to play my songs in front of 20,000 people. I have written Country and Western since 1990, had a contact at one time at Sony Tree Publishing but don't anymore (he was one of the top 2 people to see in Nashville at the time), and some of my latest work I think is radio worthy. There. That's in addition to my jewelry factory dream. Thanks,
Shannon Bolin
http://www.myspace.com/shannontucker1
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
3/22/2006 11:39:01 AM
Hi, Shannon, Now that's what I love to hear! I've heard your music and your lovely voice on your website. Everyone else can hear it here. Scroll to the bottom of the page for several selections. I'm listening to my favorite, "Soothe My Soul" right now. So, two questions: Have you considered letting other people sing your music? Many of today's artists wrote music and had it made famous by other people before they got started recording themselves. One example--Kris Christopherson. Your voice is better than his, lol. But I'm sure you get my drift. Have you thought of contacting other performers with serious health issues to learn how they manage them? I'm thinking here of Naomi Judd, and I know that her health worsened after she was already famous, but maybe there are others who can encourage you. Thanks for sharing your vision here. If there's anyone out there who can help make it happen by introducing her to someone, please let Shannon know. Cheri
+0
3/22/2006 12:05:42 PM
Dear Cheri, Yes, that is why I said hearing one on the radio first. My mom's cousin, now deceased, was Keith Palmer. He cowrote "For My Broken Heart" for Reba McIntire. His first royalty check for COwriting that song was for $60,000. I figure if I could get one or two of my songs in to somebody, I'd use the royalty checks to get the products I need to help combat the fibromyalgia and get healthy. Then, since I'm already known as a writer, I should be able to present myself as a performer. And I don't care that I'm 37. Some of the greats got their start late, so I won't take no for an answer. Thanks, Cheri. Sincerely,
Shannon Bolin
http://www.myspace.com/shannontucker1
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
3/22/2006 8:22:14 PM
Shannon, That's the spirit! What a great example you had, and fantastic motivation. You go, girl! Cheri
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!