Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Mark Hodgetts

71 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Oh - don't apologize!
10/3/2005 3:52:56 AM
Gee there is a lot of good stuff in here - it should be compulsory reading :-) If I can elaborate on your point Linda - its the old story of watch learn - test - apply Find out what works for you and do more of it - find out what doesn't and get rid of it, but never be satisfied with it's doing OK Always look to refine and improve your language, because language is emotive - the wrong words can turn people off and there is no sense in being a parrot - you need to inject yourself into the message so that it is as truthful and sincere as you can make it. I hate seeing those messages - make 10K a day! Yeah right as if :-) Anyway I think I'm starting to ramble
+0
VERY good point, Mark!
10/3/2005 11:17:35 AM
Hi Mark! ========================== Gee there is a lot of good stuff in here - it should be compulsory reading ========================== Well thank you! :) You said something really important, so I want to reply to it and emphasize it for others... ========================== If I can elaborate on your point Linda - its the old story of watch learn - test - apply Find out what works for you and do more of it - find out what doesn't and get rid of it, but never be satisfied with it's doing OK Always look to refine and improve your language, because language is emotive - the wrong words can turn people off and there is no sense in being a parrot - you need to inject yourself into the message so that it is as truthful and sincere as you can make it. ========================== Those are very, very true words, and most people miss the importance of them. I like to say that succeeding is simple. Not easy, but simple. Many people don't understand that it's the "little things" that can make a big difference. Sometimes changing ONE word is all that's needed to go from no response to good response. Sometimes a whole sentence, and other times a whole page - but yes, words are important. : ) Linda
+0
Kathy Clark

172 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: VERY good point, Mark!
10/11/2005 2:30:36 AM
Linda, WOW! This has been a great read. You have hit on several of my pet pieve's here. 1. When someone invites you to be a friend, but they don't even say hello, just start selling. Do they really think they will impress me??? 2. I joined AdlandPro for business purposes. I want to make contacts to hopefully make a sale or to build my Team. So getting people to consider my opportunity is important. I am not here just to visit and play games. That is why I joined. But along the way, I have found this to be an incredibly interesting place to listen and learn. So even though I am here for business, it is also a fun place to hang out. 3. You can't get people to buy from you without building some rapport... We must take time to get to know each other and build trust. So building your Profile, About Me, Website, Ads, and Offers, and especially your Forums are so important to build those relationships. It is an opportunity to share and give back. An opportunity to do business. An opportunity to learn. When someone sends me an invite to be a friend, or join a forum, the first thing I do is look at their Profile. I want to know who they are and where they live, and what their interests are. Somewhere in there we can find common ground. I have met people around the world right here on my computer. I love it when they post a picture, and tell all about themselves. It is so interesting. One thing about me, I am 60 years old. I have been there and done that. Usually I can find many things in common to talk to someone about and perhaps to help and I am not too old to learn a thing or two. :) Linda, I love your Forum and Threads, they have been very informative and helpful to me.
+0
Thanks Kathy... I agree
10/11/2005 10:25:50 AM
Hi Kathy! ===== WOW! This has been a great read. You have hit on several of my pet pieve's here. ===== Well thank you! ===== You can't get people to buy from you without building some rapport... We must take time to get to know each other and build trust. ===== It's funny how everything has it's own learning curve, isn't it. You're very right. No one cares what we sell until they know that we care. Through all of time, the best "sellers" in any business are the best listeners. The ones that hear what their potential customers are saying and look for a way to solve their problems - and happen to make profit doing so. It's very hard to teach that concept, but once people grasp it, it changes the way they do everything. ===== One thing about me, I am 60 years old. I have been there and done that. ===== That made me smile. I was just saying to Peter (over coffee this morning) that I've been in marketing since 1978 and there isn't a line or sales pitch I haven't already heard. Been there, done that. Anyone that can sell me, can REALLY sell. Those people are rare... and they do it by solving a problem I have, not by pitching me or shoving affiliate links in my face. To repeat myself, it's very hard to teach that concept, but once people grasp it, it changes the way they do everything... and it changes their results, too. Glad you're enjoying my forums! : ) Linda
+0
Re: You're absolutely right..
10/11/2005 11:05:07 AM
Hi Linda reading the messages between you and Bob I totally agree being new and not knowing a lot and trying to promote your site is a nightmare.There are that many sites out there promising everything and delivering nothing.I have often wanted to ask a question but then I have thought no they will think me silly for asking that and then you are in the dark and still none the wiser for it.After reading this now I think I will feel confidant enough to ask a question in the future.I think all new ones must feel like this and it us up to one of us to speak up and I hope others will follow and ask the questions they need answering from the members who will assist them.My first question is how do I get the writing in the middle has everyone laughs.This shows I am entitled to the name of newbie.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!