Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
My Favorite Books
9/23/2005 7:32:23 PM
One of my favorite things to do is read. It all started with a Christmas gift when I was nine years old...Little Women. In the...ahem...several decades since then, I've probably read well over 5000 books. Until the last 19 months, virtually all of them were novels. The last 200 or so have been about success! Amazingly enough, as I have immersed myself in this literature, my success in just about every area of my life has grown and is growing exponentially. That's proof that what these authors are saying is absolutely true: What you focus on with sufficient energy and desire, then act upon, is manifested in your life. Call it prayer, call it the power of attraction, whatever your semantics, it works. I want to share a few of my favorites with you here, and then open threads for discussion of each of them. Follow the links to each discussion you're interested in, and please join in! Thanks, Kathy Clark, for giving me the impetus to get started! 1. The Success Principles, How to Get From Where You Are to Where You Want to Be, Jack Canfield Get it here. For the most comprehensive study of success I've seen. This very readable book is a veritable reference encyclopedia, complete with worksheets, references to more information and resources, and action items. 2. The Richest Man in Babylon, George Clason I love this little fable for it's simplicity. And of course, the wealth-building strategy is both certain and ageless. Get it here. 3. Excuse Me, Your Life is Waiting, Lynn Grabhorn This book first introduced me to the concept of manifestation of one's desires. It was a new and almost frightening concept for me, then. I've come a long way, baby! Get it here. 4. Eight Minutes in the Morning, Jorge Cruise Get it here! As a short woman, I've struggled with weight gain since my college days. After years of yo-yo fad dieting, I had given up until I found this. Easy, sensible, combines good nutrition tips with a quick and non-strenuous weight-training exercise program that helped me lose 40 pounds in eight months, without hunger and without triggering my hypoglycemia. Join a discussion of this book and your weight control success or support needs. 5. Maximum Influence, Kurt Mortensen All people involved in sales need the information given here. Get it here. 6. Cracking the Millionaire Code, Robert G. Allen and Mark Victor Hansen Get it here! Fun, inspirational, action-oriented. Was the inspiration for what I'm doing with my businesses and in my personal life. 7. The One Minute Millionaire, Allen & Hansen Get it here! Innovative, also inspiring. I didn't take action when I read this one...if I had, I'd be a millionaire now! 8. Rich Dad, Poor Dad, Robert Kiyosaki Get it here! What a wake-up call! Sent me on this journey in January of 2004 9. The Cash Flow Quadrant, Robert Kiyosaki Same place! After I read Rich Dad, had to read everything Kiyosaki wrote. This one appealed to my analytical side. Sort of the "Why it works that way" to Rich Dad's "This is the way it works" 10. Think and Grow Rich, Napoleon Hill Every credible writer I've read refers to this book as the inspiration for their work. Truly the seminal work on success, wealth, and the principle of giving. Get it here. If you've read these, join me in a discussion. If you haven't, I highly recommend them. Most should be available in your library. Many should have a home in your home. Enjoy! --------------------------- Cheri Merz is a real estate broker and home-based business entrepreneur. She also publishes a web-based ezine that explores the pathways to success at any age. Visit Never2Late4Success for more articles, stories and celebrations of subscribers' success. Please also visit My Offers.
+0
Kathy Clark

172 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: My Favorite Books
9/26/2005 11:14:36 PM
Cheri, Thanks for the kind words! I can honestly say the same to you. You are doing great putting each of these interesting forum in place. Some of the books you are listing here would also be at the top of my favorites list, especially "The Richest Man In Babylon" and "The One Minute Millionaire". "The One Minute Millionaire" was the book that got me excited about building a business on the internet. It is such a unique style of book. A Novel and an Instruction Book. Which side did you read first? Keep up the great work. I am following in your footsteps. :)
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
9/26/2005 11:43:02 PM
Ah, Kathy, I think we're more like the formation of geese flying on their migration...one leads for a while and then drops back to rest as another takes the lead. I think we're a team! As for One Minute Millionaire, that was a dilemma for me! I love novels, as you might be able to infer from the lead post in this thread. On the other hand, I'm quite left-brained, so the left side appealed to me. So, for the first two or three chapters, I'd read the novel side first, then read the practical side before going on to the next chapter. After that, the story was so gripping that I finished the novel in one marathon reading session that lasted until about three a.m. as I recall. Took another week or so to finish the other side. It took another 11 months and another book (Cracking the Millionaire Code) to see that I DID have the resources to build something worthwhile. Had the idea, formed a mastermind group of people who support each other in our separate projects, got to work and voila! here we are. I may be a slow learner, but when I get started I work fast, LOL. Thanks for visiting! Now when I invite my whole friends list, there'll be something to read besides just my opinions--which aren't always that humble, lol. Cheri PS, will someone PLEASE tell me how to make those smilies?
+0
Kathy Clark

172 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
9/27/2005 1:25:41 AM
Cheri, Ok, I will tell you. Put a : followed by a ) OR ( For a frown. Have fun. You can use ; for a wink and the < or > I don't remember where I learned that, but there is a list somewhere. ;) , :) , :>) , :0 Some may not work, but hope this gives you the idea.
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
9/27/2005 1:36:47 AM
Thanks, Kathy. Turns out I figured it out accidently while replying to another of your posts in another thread, but I appreciate your getting back to me on it. I like the sheepish one with the blushing cheeks. Will have to figure that one out, or find the list you mention. Time for bed, kiddo. G'nite. Cheri
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!