Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Bill Brown

480 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
the truth about Adland can be found in the statistics
8/21/2009 2:06:33 AM

Do you own a web site?

if so do you look at the awstats  in cpanel?
do you have google analytics  set up on your pages?

These two independent sets of stats  can tell you a lot.

I have just spent  an hour  analyzing the  stats for lowcost-backup.com which was launched on the 1st of august.

In both cases I was paying particular attention to traffic  sources.
this is the section that tells you  if the sites you have links on are actually generating you traffic or not.

In the case of lowcost -backup I have posted 2 articles here in Adlandpro and both at the time of this posting  have had  20 and  21 views respectively.

I was therefore  astounded to find that  NO hits originating from Adland have been recorded  in either  the awstates nor google analytics.

Yes you read that correctly out of 765 different originating urls (with over 9000 hits)  ZERO hits are from Adland.

If I had the reputation of promoting  garbage I could understand.
If it had been yet another  ****py MLM I could understand.

However as neither of these apply to me AND it is a much needed SERVICE being offered to WEB SITE OWNERS I would have thought that at least  curiosity  would have created  a few  looks.

I will leave you all to draw your own conclusions as to the value of being a member here in Adland.

It might be ok as a source of back links to your sites  but as a source of traffic in my opinion IT STINKS

+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: the truth about Adland can be found in the statistics
8/21/2009 7:26:39 AM

Careful Bill,

Stating such facts, though true, will get you the ire of the good people of ALP.  ;-)  Have a grand weekend, and thank goodness there are so many places for us to share.  ALP is cliqueish (is that a word?) so backlinks is all you can expect here.

Jim

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0
Mary Bird

350 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/21/2009 12:37:03 PM
Here is a little help from a website owner. I paid $200 to find this out.To get top rateings on every page on your website, you must have 300 words per page and a small picture.That is why people use clipart! About the links. No credit for here because "They refuse to delete all the junk e mail boxes in here." I have begged, but no use. I have asked them to not allow N. Korea and China in here. They just want numbers. Why do I stay? I am using them, they are not using me. I upgraded to Adlanderplus. Then work with "messaging" to get out a message BY THE COUNTRYIES .One message,no addresses to put in or nothing.I had to buy points just once to get all the countrys I wanted. The message: First ask them to be your friend by clicking on your picture and going to the top of your profile to get the "invite to be a friend link". I always say something nice or helpful about Adlander to them.Check out the forum links to post your business etc.... Then do a business message. Finish up with your real e mail. What you will get is 1,000"s of friends quickly. A big e mail list to pitch your business to. Now say thankyou to Mary Bird , your true friend here at Adlandpro. marybird064@yahoo.com
+0
Brad West

221 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/21/2009 7:35:31 PM
Hey Bj are you at all surprised at what you have discovered and proven with hard evidence?

I have been a member here since November of 2005. The value here is null For all that Sheryl and I have tried to contribute we have received nothing but spam.

A couple years ago Sheryl got a well deserved PTOW and that was nice. But Beef Sloan got jealous and got set up to get the PTOW award shortly after that by having his steeple create new profiles and vote for him he won. Here is his forum http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/26625/ShowForum.aspx not posted in since Feb 2008. This was all allowed by the owner of AdLand Bogdon. He was fully aware of the whole thing and how it went down. Then I posted some truths after that to warn people since I am a man of value and got reprimanded, and my post taken down.

So all I can say is don't sweat it there are many more places to show what you have built has incredible value!
Brad west ~ onomoney
Making Heaps of Money is a Spiritual Experience. The Guild Blog Co-Op Fuzzy Wuzzy Anipals
+0
Bill Brown

480 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/22/2009 4:11:51 PM
Hi Brad, Yes I am fully aware of the things that were (still are?) going on in referance to the POTW and POTY, and how it was nothing less than a manipulation by certain members as to who was elected and who not. That is why I take no part in it. It is a total farce.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!