Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Joyce Parker Hyde

1967 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
If Cali Kitty Could Read....
8/11/2009 10:37:19 PM
I think she would like to read my friend Gaston Delesdandroux's novel:
An American Story

She likes when I read to her so I suppose she would love to hear about the adventures of Gaston and his beautiful Creole wife Clair-described as
'a stunningly beautiful Creole from Louisiana.'- I think that is an oxymoron.

I hope all of you will give Gaston a big welcome and read his book-he's my homeboy after all.

http://community.adlandpro.com/go/gaston/default.aspx
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: If Cali Kitty Could Read....
8/12/2009 8:21:41 AM
Hello Joyce,

Gee I never know what you are going to come up with next.  You are so cleaver.  I never thought of reading to my cat, but he does watch a little of the videos on the pc, but he never lasts too long.  It takes to long to get another one started, by that time he has lost interest.  lol

Oh, by the way I have Gaston as a friend.

Hugs,
Myrna
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Joyce Parker Hyde

1967 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/12/2009 8:37:01 AM
Myrna, this brain was marinated in its' own juices for a long time-I think that could be a warning for people with 'only' children-we never grow out of it.
The reading happened because when I started having Bible study, after a few months it finally dawned on me that I should actually read some of it ahead of time-duh!
So I read to Cali cause it kept getting so exciting-her favorite is the story about Shadrach, Meschak and Abednigo.

(I think I mentioned I have a lot of free time on my hands)
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/12/2009 8:54:33 AM
Joyce, I wish we were next door neighbors we could have a great time together.

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
8/12/2009 9:45:32 AM
Thank you Joyce for letting me know about this.  Gaston is a friend of mine also but I did not know about his book.  We introduced Gaston to the community in our Garden of Friendship. 

I am so happy to know more about him and to know he is from Cajun country.  I have just finished reading two books based on that location.  One I would recommend is "Bayou Justice", it is pretty descriptive of alligator waters, cypress, and Spanish moss with a touch of ever-present racial problems.  Of course I don't usually read 'Love-Inspired Mysteries'.  I ordered them from Amazon to discover that was what they were!!  Just a good old mystery without the love-inspired is just fine.  I will look for Gaston's novel.

So happy to see you back and active again.  Now my time is so limited but I will get around.  Gus is making progress each day.  I will post in my forum and help spread the word.
Blessings,
Sara

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!