Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Jayson VanBeekom

796 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Childhood Toys
8/5/2009 9:53:58 AM
I used to love my toy cars and planes. I would organize them in a straight line and play army with them. I've outgrown those things now, but I still remeber the fun memories I've had with them. Now I'll try to guess what others' childhood toys might be. Wooly Willy? Evil Kinevil Stunt Cycle? The hoop and stick? Hooray for age jokes!
+0
Joyce Parker Hyde

1967 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Childhood Toys
8/5/2009 10:41:00 AM
Hey Jayson
I love that you are keeping your childhood memories in tact-when you get to be elderly, they will be handy to pull out and make people crazy when they can't figure out what you are doing!
My daughter used to make a semi-circle on her bed every night with her stuffed animals then carefully climb in the middle-imagine my surprise and shock to find out almost 30 years later they were to protect her from the monsters her brother had told her would come from under the bed to get her
No wonder he became a Marine (no comment for that one:)

+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/5/2009 7:20:51 PM
Hi Jayson,

I remeber the tea parities my grandmother made for my cousin and me.  Some of the best memories of my life, they are a gift and treasure.  You will never forget them.

Joyce, can you imagine what fear your daughter went through all those years!!!!

Myrna
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/5/2009 8:26:05 PM

Hi Jayson,

I always wanted the Rockem Sockem Robots from the 1970's but they were "boys toys" so my only chance of playing with them was to visit my cousins or a boy up the street. 

One thing I wanted was a Playdoh Machine, and then I got one for Christmas when I was about 7 yrs old but my cousin Billy broke it that day, on Christmas day! Why do we have to allow relatives to visit on holidays?

My brother Mike had a stuffed teddy-bear named Wilbur that he really loved...yeah I know...LOL!  He was about 8 or 9.  So when he was out one day, I decided Wilbur needed a bellybutton, so I made one with a little knife...what's a little girl doing by herself with a knife anyway? Making bellybuttons for toys, of course.  My brother was NOT HAPPY!  But you know how boys treat stuffed toys, right? So the knife-made navel for Wilbur was also payback for all the times my brothers played keep-away with MY animals!

+0
Joyce Parker Hyde

1967 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/5/2009 9:14:27 PM
Jayson I think you got a winner this time-everybody loves being a kid!
It's a funny thing, Myrna-she was never scared of anything, Herbie the big stuffed St Bernard was in charge of the rest of the critters so all was well.
I was the first grand child so my grandpa made me the entire back porch into my private wonderland.
I can remember hand made wooden furniture and toys that got passed on to the grands that came behind me.
It was a magical time and probably explains a lot of why I thought for a long time that the world existed for my play and no other reason.
Not too much has changed, now that I think about it:)

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!