Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: GREECE -Destination Thessaloniki
8/2/2009 6:26:17 PM

Hi Nick!

I lost you my friend,. Nice to see you back! Thanks so much for this nice card. In few hours I will be at my work. 28 days vacation is over. New month and back to routine.

Greece A Journey in the land of Gods

GReece

Click for a video clip

ETERNAL WISDOM-Know ThySelf, PHILOXENIA MetaCafe, Adlanders In Facebook
+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/2/2009 6:36:38 PM

Kathleen!

Thanks for dropping in!

This is very special just for you. SAMOTHRACE a nice island at Northern Aegean Sea. I was there a couple of years back. The picture is not from the sea but from the mountain SAOS. Lots of small lakes. an attraction for tourist.

SAMOTHRACE
(The Island of Kaberean Mysteries)

click above
Your friend
Georgios
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/2/2009 6:36:59 PM

Thank you Georgios,

Very beautiful and educational too.

Roger

+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: GREECE -Destination Thessaloniki
9/6/2009 7:15:27 AM

Hi Roger, Nick, Alain, Kathleen!

I am activating my forum for the new format. I thank you so much for your visit and and your comments. Thessaloniki is a beatiful city. Today it is like any other Metropolitan town and I decided not to live in Thessaloniki because of the hard traffic. Still it remains a poor mans town. There is place for everyone and those who know the town they will always find a nice sheap place to have fun.

Here is a picture from an old neighbourhood region, the Ladadika. It got its name from the olive oil stores. It was a traditional maket place. It was a badly defamed place some decenia back. It had a very bad reputation and nobody wanted to live here, something like a small harlem. Today the authorities renewed all the old houses and modernized the whole region. This is the place where you can find anything for joyment, nice tavernas, nigh clubs, bouziouki clubs and many traditional clubs.

Ladadika as it is todayLadadika

Click above

The city's main shopping streets are just a few minutes away, as is the business district and the harbor and the railway station. Earlier, all the buss communication with the rest of the country was also placed in Ladadika too.

Georgios

+0
Jill Bachman

8860 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: GREECE -Destination Thessaloniki
9/6/2009 7:43:32 PM

Hi Georgios,

Thank you for another culural inpiration into all of our lives.  This message is beautiful, and it is so rewarding to discover so much beauty and history of this vast world we live in.

Although I still cannot hear sound on my computer, the pictures in the video were fabulous.  In following another link in youtube, I also found these incredible pictures.  What a grand place of pure BEAUTY!

I am crossing my fingers and holding my breath that these pics post ok.   lol

Learn more about Thessaloniki

Bless you and thank you for all the value you bring into our lives.  :-)

Hugs,   Jill

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!