Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: What'sinYour Litter Box?
7/27/2009 9:43:36 PM

Hi Joyce and Friends!

It's funny to hear other peoples' cats names.  My son Dennis named one of our cats Meowzers.  She meows a LOT, about 12 times in a row especially if we have tuna....meowowowowowowowowowowowowow.  Really, just like that!

I usually use clumping litter, they don't have a favorite, I just buy what's on sale. BUT a few months ago I bought Feline Pine, that was a big mistake, they didnt like it, and they kicked most of it out of the litter box so there were piles of tiny shredded pine all over, and it tracked thru the house.  It's like that stuff used in hamster cages, I do NOT recommend it!  It didn't clump either, it was piles of wetness and all the shreds they kicked around for several feet in every direction.

The older cat, Meowzers, was an outdoor cat before we adopted her so she's very bossy and goes outside the box if she thinks it's too full, at least twice a week she pees on the floor, no poops outside the box very often, only occasionally, and she never buries her stuff either. I tell her every day if she wasn't the other cat's best friend, she'd be outta here with a little suitcase and a bus ticket to the back alley.

+0
Joyce Parker Hyde

1967 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/28/2009 1:15:38 PM
Kathleen that is exactly the stuff that started this inquiry!
I just went to check the label-cause I have a half bag of it left and have to figure an alternate use for it.

Jason sounds like your son and Kathleens' are very literal when it comes to naming animals:)

The young man across the street names his for movies, there are Gizmo, Marley and Rocky so far-they had a son recently but I didn't ask his name!

Branka dear - is it not obvious that I know nothing at all about this subject - I am just checking to see if by chance I got me a normal cat.

The jury is still out on that one.
+0
Barbara Delgiudice

1912 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/1/2009 12:22:35 AM
Hi Jan thank you for inviting me to your kitty forum!

I don't have a cat now, but had cats in the past.  Right now I have 2 birds :)

The biodegradable litter sounds wonderful.  I never had any problems with my cats not using the cat box.  I cleaned it at least twice a day or more.  They do not like a little box full of poop.  I always filled up the little box  pretty far too.  I didn't mind vacuuming or sweeping up a little extra litter that got kicked out of the box. The cats like to be able to dig a ways to cover up their poop. 

Any way Good Luck Joyce and other cat owners.

Love and bug hugs.

Barb

Pet Supply Summer Sale
+0
Joyce Parker Hyde

1967 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/3/2009 2:17:09 PM
Hi Barb,
I'm with you on that one, what a little sweeping up when the kitties are so clean?
My next-door-do however...........well it would not be nice to tell his secrets-but if you came to visit I wouldn't have to say a thing:)
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!