Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Cheryl Baxter

2279 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Unique or Interesting Pictures...Post Your Pics, For Contest Ending July 31st..
7/21/2009 9:46:20 PM

Hey there Friends,

I recently found this picture of human hands holding little monkey babies.  I was intrigued by the picture and wanted to share it with you.

Now, I thought it would be fun to post unusual, interesting, and intriguing pictures in a thread all it's own. 

The babies are clearly at the mercy of the humans that are holding them.  They look so cute, yet so small and vulnerable.  Interesting picture.  What do you think?

I'm inviting you to post your own pictures here as well.  Keep in mind the idea is unusual, interesting or intriguing.  Let me hear from you!

Now's your chance to bring the most unusual picture here and post it!

I have an idea that I think you'll like!  How about a prize for the most unusual or interesting one posted every week.  I'm going to work on this and will get back with you about it...but for now, please leave your comments and then go look for the pictures that you think fits the categories I've described.  Have fun!

Thanks Everyone!

Cheryl

~~~~~~~~~~~

To clarify what we're looking for here:

1.  Single pictures or still photos are acceptable.

2.  Series of still photos or pics that tell a story.

3.  Any subject matter as long as it's not illicit or illegal.

4.  Should be interesting, unique, unusual or intriguing.

5.  Most of all just have fun with it.

~~~~~~~~~~~

The prize will be announced very soon, so stay tuned!  Feel free to invite all your friends here to post. 

Anyone posting here that's not on your friends list...remember to invite them to join your circle of friends.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay...I'm editing this first post...TODAY, July 31st, is the last day of this photo contest.  The next week's contest will be posted with a new picture on August 1st.

The PRIZE is going to be 10,000 impressions each week. 

Bogdan will credit the winner's account.  The votes should be made by the end of each contest date & for this first time, please private message me with your vote.  Today's the day to get your vote in!

In the future we will have a way set up on the forum for you to vote for your pick of the week.

Remember the criteria when you are casting your vote: Unique, Unusual, Interesting. 

Each week will begin a new photo contest and on the 1st day of each new contest the winner from the week before will be made known.  Thanks to everyone who has participated in our picture forum. This has been fun and I look forward to more unusual pics. Great job!  Keep it up!!!

Cheryl :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~

WE HAVE A WINNER! 

Congratulations to our winner of this 1st forum thread!  The winner will be given 10,000 free impressions from Adlandpro.   Bogdan is a great sport for offering this and he will credit these impressions to the account of the winner!

This 1st forum thread about unique or unusual pictures was won by Dimitra Bravou.  Her picture that won is a picture within a picture.    Did you find the baby???   You can see the winning pic by going to page 10 of this thread, & if you didn't see it before...once you see the baby within the picture, you'll wonder why you didn't see it at first.

Here's Dimitra's link to her profile.  If she's not on your friends list...go and invite her.  She'a a wonderful lady and a great friend to many of us here at Adland.

http://community.adlandpro.com/go/323854/Default.aspx

Way to go Dimitra!!!!  Can't wait to see what you come up with for this week's post.  I must say I liked this photo over the snake one.  That was a little more than creepy, though it was very unusual.  Thank You for participating.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, I'm having a few computer challenges, so please be patient with me until this is running smoothly.  I wanted to get in place a way to vote on the forum but for now, I'll have to keep asking you to pm me with your choice of the new week's pick for what you believe is the most unusual picture . 

The new week started today, & goes through the end of Aug. 7th.  I'll soon post the picture to kick off the new week.  Be sure to vote for your choice by pm me to let me know your choice, no later than the end of the day on Aug. 7th.   Whatever time zone you're in, the vote will be counted by your time zone.

Thanks,

Cheryl :-)

http://texasgalswholesaleproperties.com "browse our current properties" http://fortworthwholesaleproperty.com "check out our real estate blog" http://mydiscountchristianbooks.com "online bibles, books, music, more"
+0
Cheryl Baxter

2279 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Unique or Interesting Pictures...Post Your Comments And Share Your Interesting Pics Too!
7/23/2009 2:35:35 AM
Okay folks...hear's the deal!  What if I told you that just for participating in this forum thread & by posting your unusual, unique or interesting picture here each week that you have the chance to win a prize....And not just any prize!

I'll give you a hint.  It involves Bogdan Fiedur.  'Nuff said for right now!

Are you be interested?  Do you have to know what the prize is first? 

Or will you go find that special picture and post it...just to see if you're the winner, & find out what the prize is?

I know there have been other forums that have highlighted special pictures in the past.  That was then...& this is now!  This is an all new picture posting party, & you can join in the fun!!!  

Go ahead and post your pick for the week.  You'll soon know what the prize is. 

Remember, this is your chance to have a little fun and compete for a great weekly prize.

Thanks to everyone, & especially thanks to Bogdan.  Hey friends, I know that some of you just love competing when there's a prize involved.  What are you waiting for? 

If you would like to participate in being on the panel of judges, I'd like to hear from you.  You need to be an active member of the community and someone who has a personal picture of themselves on their profile page.  You should also be seen as one who's respectful, upbeat and willing to help others here at Adland

Whether you've been at Adland for a long time or are fairly new here, you are welcome to post & participate in this forum.  Invite all your friends and see what happens.

Can't wait to find out what that prize is???  Stay tuned, I'll be back soon! 

Bye for now,

Cheryl ;-)

http://texasgalswholesaleproperties.com "browse our current properties" http://fortworthwholesaleproperty.com "check out our real estate blog" http://mydiscountchristianbooks.com "online bibles, books, music, more"
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Unique or Interesting Pictures...Post Your Comments And Share Your Interesting Pics Too!
7/23/2009 1:12:11 PM

Cheryl,

I'm pretty naive when it comes to photosharing.

Presumably, as long as it's not stated, a photo on a sharing site is useable/

I assume that the photo doesnt have to be taken by the poster?

I wish this forum well and am more than happy to be on the judging panel.

Roger

+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/23/2009 1:24:31 PM

Hi Cheryl,

I found this when I did a search on "weird cakes"...I hope that's not real spaghetti!  Even if it's made from frosting, I think I'd still get nauseated if I looked at it while eating it.

+0
7/23/2009 2:34:53 PM

I just read your invitation Cheryl, this is a good idea.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!