Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: It's Time To Congratulate PATRICIA BARTCH, the 195th POTW!
7/13/2009 9:22:22 PM

Darling graphic Myrna!!

I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/13/2009 9:25:03 PM

Gosh Fifi, what a beautiful rose.  Thank you very much

Love,

Pat

I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0
Alain Deguire

8052 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/14/2009 8:20:37 AM
Hello Dearest Patricia!

I will answer your question about my graphics here in your POTW party...
In this way You or any of our Friends could do it as well if they choose to do so...

There are many steps involved...
1) search the internet for the graphic that would be suitable for what I want to create and save it to my hard drive;
2) come here in Adland and go to the picture - really at the picture page - of the Friend I want to feature and save his/her picture on my hard drive;
3) from where it has been saved on my computer - eg. in My Documents - I will open the picture simply using Microsoft Photo Editor, only if I need to somehow re frame the picture to better fit my needs;
4) then, I will use Microsoft Powerpoint to create it as I want - see it in my mind...
a) from Microsoft Powerpoint, import the first graphic saved from the internet and play with the size of it to fill up my originally blank page... so the image becomes full page;
b) from Microsoft Powerpoint, import the picture of my Friend on top of the other one; then, play with the size and place of it in order to have the image that I want;
c) from Microsoft Powerpoint, import a text box to add some text to that newly created picture - like "195th POTW" - and display it where I want to be; I can again play with the size of it, the character type, the angle of display, etc...
d) from Microsoft Powerpoint, when I am done creating what I want and that new picture is to my taste - hoping it is gonna meet the taste of my Friend - I go to the file tab, select save as - giving it the appropriate name - and, saving it as a picture using the "JPEG File Interchange Format"; this is done!
5) There is one final step... I need to find a place to bring that picture on to the internet and save it there so that I can use it in my different posts... I personally use FLICKR @ http://www.flickr.com... I find it being very easy and friendly user.
6) When my newly created picture is saved on to FlickR, I simply do as with any other graphic to go get it and add it to my posts... by getting the actual internet address of the picture.

It might looks as being much complicated... but this is a series of simple steps to follow to make something Special for a very Special Friend ;-)

Have fun with it... And, do not hesitate if you do need any additional info in the process of getting use to it...

With Lots of Friendship and Love,

Blessings,

Hugs

Alain

+0
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/14/2009 11:03:05 PM

That is really cool Alain.  You gave great instructions.  (You should do a thread in YOUR forum to help other  people do this.  These instructions will get buried and what you do with pictures is AWESOME!)

But, I don't have Microsoft Photo EditorMicrosoft Powerpoint.  

Bummer !!!

Thanks for the explanation.

Pat

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/18/2009 4:25:54 PM

Dear Patricia,

I hope you will forgive my delay in showing up.

Love and Blessings,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!