Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
The bonfire
7/1/2009 8:24:17 AM
I cannot even tell you what year it was. It was about the mid or late '70's. I was in the back yard with my younger brother and some other kids from the 'hood. On this day, we decided to light a bonfire. We used charcoal and lighter fluid. When the fire wasn't doing anythig, I decided to spray more lighter fluid on it. The result was, that my brother's foot caught on fire. I can still see him dancing around with his foot on fire. We got the fire out. But for whatever reason, he escaped injury. What a day!
Chris Belding
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: The bonfire
7/1/2009 4:11:00 PM

Hi,

If he had been injured I suppose that he would have had top hotfoot his way to hospital?

Roger

+0
7/1/2009 5:10:21 PM
Ah yes! The touching family moments.lol
Live Well and Prosper: http://www.garrisherbs.com Great Products At Great Prices: http://www.garrisshop.com
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/4/2009 8:44:21 PM

Hi Chris,

First of all, thanks for the Invite to your Forum.  Also, thanks for some wonderful Memories.

I must say I've had my experiences with the lighter fluid and the fires as well, however, my favorite was when my Brother just couldn't believe that the Aerosal Can would explode in the fire.  See, we grew up out in the country, so we burned our Trash in a couple of big barrells and our leaves in the ditch.

One day my Brother decided to find out out if the cans really would explode, and tossed one into a burning barrell.  Unfortunately, the barrell was just a wee bit too close to one of our Pecan Trees, and long story short, we lost that Tree that year.  Of course, my Brother's curiosity was satisfied and he discovered that they not only explode, they go REAL HIGH when they do. 

Ahh, Sweet Memories!

Wishing You, Your Family & Loved Ones A Bright & Glorious Independence Day,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Jayson VanBeekom

796 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
7/13/2009 10:30:35 AM
Ha.  Sorry I didn't get here sooner, I remember you sent me a message a few weeks ago, I seen it and said to myself, later, but then I kept forgetting!  I have 2 older halfbrothers...well BROTHERS to me, and a little full brother, another just BROTHER, the halfs and fulls are ALL annoying and I'm not. Anyway, my dad told my oldest brother to take the food-tent outside to put over the burgers, he meant the burgers on the table, and my bro Steve was about 16 then and real idiotic most of the time, so he put the food-tent on the burgers on the GRILL and POOF!  No more food tent. HA!  It was new too, my dad was out of a few bucks he just spent that morning.  Another dopey story about big bro Steve to add to the collection.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!