Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Len
Len Berghoef

1472 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Nurse Nancy (funny)
6/12/2009 10:33:33 AM
Hi Adland friends, Hope this joke puts a smile on your face! :) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Two doctors in practice in a small country clinic had to hire a new nurse when the one they had won the lottery and quit. They interviewed Nurse Nancy and decided to hire her. She had only worked two days when one doctor called the other to His office and said that they would have to let Nurse Nancy go. "Why, we just hired her?" "Well, I think she is dyslexic and gets things backward. I told her to give Mr. Smith two shots of morphine every 24 four hour, but she gave him 24 shots in two hours and it almost killed him. I told her to give Mrs. Jones an enema every twelve hours and she gave her twelve in one hour." The doctor have barely finished His reasons when the other doctor rushed out of the room. "Where are you going in such a hurry?" the doctor asked. "To see Nancy, I just instructed her to prick Mr. Hill`s Boil!" Have a great day! :) Len
Start a 2nd income and get out of debt! http://alturl.com/aw4yv
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Nurse Nancy (funny)
6/12/2009 6:14:43 PM

Hi Len,

Thanks so much for the cute story.  Of course, the first thought that came to mind was OUCH!!!

It's always great to start the weekend with a Grin & a Giggle.

Hope everyone knows to be nice to the Nurses.   They can get a little feisty sometimes when they're irritated...

When you're hospitalized, it pays to be nice to your nurse, even when you're feeling miserable. A bossy businessman learned the hard way after ordering his nurses around as if they were his employees. But the head nurse stood up to him.

One morning she entered his room and announced, "I have to take your temperature."

After complaining for several minutes, he finally settled down, crossed his arms and opened his mouth.

"No, I'm sorry, the nurse stated, "but for this reading, I can't use an oral thermometer." This started another round of complaining, but eventually he rolled over and bared his bottom.

After feeling the nurse insert the thermometer, he heard her announce, "I have to get something. Now you stay just like that until I get back!" She left the door to his room open on her way out, and he cursed under his breath as he heard people walking past his door laughing.

After almost an hour, the man's doctor came into the room. "What's going on here?" asked the doctor.

Angrily, the man answers, "What's the matter, Doc? Haven't you ever seen someone having their temperature taken?"

"Yes," said the doctor. "But never with a carnation.

Have A Happy Weekend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Len
Len Berghoef

1472 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
6/13/2009 11:28:39 AM
Hi Phil!

Good one! Having recently been in the hospital I know how true those words are! Be nice to the nurses!
I had a few that weren't... course no fault of my own... they certainly can make life miserable. :) However I have to say most of them were great.

Loved your nurse story Phil...absolutely hilarious! lol 

Len
Start a 2nd income and get out of debt! http://alturl.com/aw4yv
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/13/2009 3:02:29 PM

Hi Len,

Glad you liked the little Joke and I'm especially glad that you're feeling good enough after the Back Surgery to be back joking with all of us once again.

One more tidbit about tender caring Nurses if I may...

A motorcycle patrolman was rushed to the hospital with an inflamed appendix. The doctors operated and advised him that all was well. However, the patrolman kept feeling something pulling at the hairs on his chest. Worried that it might be a second surgery the doctors hadn't told him about, he finally got enough energy to pull his hospital gown down enough so he could look at what was making him so uncomfortable.

Taped firmly across his hairy chest were three wide strips of adhesive tape, the kind that doesn't come off easily. Written in large black letters was the sentence.

"Get well quick ..... from the nurse you gave a ticket to last week."

Of course, the biggest joke of all as far as Hospitals go is the ever popular Hospital Gown...

Finally, concerning these drafty little garments...

Two young ladies were each sitting on examining tables wearing nothing but a Gown and a Smile when one spoke up and said, "You know, I think this is ridiculous.  I came in complaining of a sore throat and they still made me remove all of my clothes."

The other young lady nodded in agreement and replied, "You think that's bad!  I just came in to pay my bill!"

Have A Happy One My Friend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/14/2009 4:31:47 AM
Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!