Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
RE: THE NORTHERN RENAISSENCE - HIERONYMUS BOSCH
11/29/2009 3:46:08 AM

Luis, I am so sorry you are not feeling well. I hope you are better now.

I featured my sons's paintings a few days ago. He said he was inspired by Alfred Modigliani paintings. I was hoping you would feature Modigiliani here.

Love and best wishes,

Sara

+1
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/29/2009 9:30:28 AM

Luis,

This is indeed a wondeful image. I choose my word carefully as it conveys better the complete image, theme and construction.

It is another great example of a well constructed image.

The construction of the tunnel is amazing. It is such a modern concept.

We take for granted that ideas used in the last century are really modern when placed in this picture's era.

The underground railway in london was built in a similar way in it's later stages and about 2 miles from my home a wonderul road tunnel is being built.

The tunnel is drilled, the inner circumference is sprayed with concrete and in the same way a circular section is formed.

Cross sectional escape tunnels are inserted pipe sections.

Roger

Sorry to move into Engineering but it is a relevant point that you raised.

Tunnel Sidewall Shutter

Tunnel Sidewall Shutter

South Portal Construction

South Portal Construction

Hazel Grove Cutting

Hazel Grove Cutting

Hammer Lane

Hammer Lane

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: THE NORTHERN RENAISSANCE - HIERONYMUS BOSCH
11/29/2009 6:54:25 PM

Dear Sara,

Thank you so much for your kind wishes. As I was telling Roger, I am almost well now. Also, I have not been so ill that I lost my liking for visiting your Art Gallery here.

In fact, I saw your son Gus' work and I loved it, it is full of strenght and expression. The color is great too. I hope he will stick to it, as he obviously is very talented.What a luck it is indeed having someone like you in the family who is an artist to begin with.

As to featuring Modigliani's works I think it is a great idea. I have always had a great appreciation for his paintings. I might put him after Jan Vermeer's whom I have been thinking of featuring soon. Let me think about it for a while.

Above all, thank you for coming by and posting.

Sincerely,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: THE NORTHERN RENAISSANCE - HIERONYMUS BOSCH
11/29/2009 10:30:28 PM

Hi again Roger,

Your information about the tunnel in your neighborhood is extraordinary, at least for me; and I will tell you why.

Yesterday as I read it I was left with an inkling that there was more to it than just being interesting, but only today, when I had a flash back of a science fiction story that I read some thirty years ago in an antology, was I able to tell what it was.

I don't remember the author, but it certainly was a master tale about a world in the future where the main problem was overpopulation. A man was driving a car with his wife on his side and as they approached a tunnel that they had to cross every day to get to their home, he began to worry about his parents who followed in another car behind theirs. He was afraid that if not himself and his wife, his parents might not get through the tunnel before it shut its gates... trapping them inside to be disposed of by gas. The tension mounted, explanations were given to the reader through the man, who ruminated how overpopulation had grown so uncontrolable that a "small" quota of people - as many of them as would chance to get trapped in the tunnel - had to be killed everyday...

In the last second, they were able to make it one more time to the other side. However, his parents had not been as fortunate as they themselves had been - in a perverted way, they had been literally "abducted" - and it was little consolation that they were older and no longer useful to society, etcetera.

When I first read it, I very much hoped it would not be premonitory... that it was only a tale. I sincerely expect that it will remain a tale forever.

Miguel

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/29/2009 11:12:56 PM

aplus.gif eyeball tunnel image by weareFREEmen

Luis,

I promise,

When it opens in 2011