Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luka Babic

1031 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Truth in politics?
5/18/2009 2:01:37 AM

MY DEAR SIR ROGER,

Finally the topic in which I am so free to consider myself as VETERAN !!!!

I like all what Jill said.

OLD is showing up it`s true and real face.

Are you also excited to be pioneers in so many NEW THINGS which    MUST follow up the crash of the false picture and order?

My mother wrote an amazing novel about the GOVERNER OF THIS WORLD, CALLING HIM "THE SHAVER OF THE SHADOW".

Hm ....

Please, do not be surprised and feel upset.

The politicians are, for the first, just human beings, and second - THREE "THINGS" NEVER SHOWS UP THE RESISTANCE : water, truth and love.

Because of that, THEY ARE OMNIPOTENT, whatever our senses may suggest.

Life upon earth is water, and would not show the resistance for incoming Truth and Love. Amen.

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/18/2009 6:37:21 PM

Jim,

I repeat here what I posted in your forum after watching the videos.

Jim, That was very interesting and informative.

I can now understand a little more of (for example) the right to carry arms etc, fundamental differences in the systems.

The only slight inaccuracy I noticed was "In a democracy where somebody is taken to court, say over a house there would be a majority vote from a jury but this would still be according to the interpretation of the law, not just because most just decided" in other words the majority have to, following advice, to decide whether a particular law has been broken.

Differently to Amanda however I watched the last video and was blown away.

Who are the guitarists?

Roger

I confess that to date I would have considered you, (And I'm searching for a term) a redneck? Maybe not? but somebody who sees things subversive behind every curtain or under every stone etc. but now I begin to understand.

You are right that things have changed since the original Republic ideals but only you can decide, for better or worse. I, as an observer from a country which helped found America but went on to impose an imperial rule can only look with envy upon many of your freedoms and with puzzlement over other issues.

Put it this way Jim. I may not agree with your politics (with a capital P)  but  now have a healthier respect for what you wish to preserve.

More power to your elbow my friend.

Roger

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/18/2009 6:48:17 PM

Thanks Luka,

Yes what you say is true. Politicians are indeed only human.

The problem is that a system was set up here where politicians could claim genuine expenses that their political jobs. If the area that they represented was 500 miles away from London they could claim expenses for a second home in London which they needed to use when in London on political business, however, people being human, found ways, often within the rules, of getting TV's, swimming pools, decorating, renovation etc.

One couple who were both members of parliament where each claiming THE OTHER house as a second home, thereby getting two allowances for the same two houses.

It's got to stop.

The trouble is, when a new politician joins, what is really a smart club, he gets taught what to do by the older members and so the same illegalities go on happening.

Thanks for taking part here Luka.

Roger

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/18/2009 6:52:03 PM

Democracy or not?

Clip Art - parliament and 
british flag. 
fotosearch - search 
clipart, illustration, 
drawings and vector 
eps graphics images

Who knows?

+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/18/2009 9:47:01 PM
Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!