Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Laila Falck

358 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
The Resurrection of Christ
4/14/2009 9:08:56 AM
Thanks Giorgios and thanks Nick.
 Now I have joined the xenofilia forum too
so now and then I will write something there.
And now and here comes the BIG question. Who will accept that God makes changes now and then, approximately every thousand year. That we have to leave old sayings and habits in order to do Gods bidding during a new age of spiritual progress of the life of mankind.
We may  of course continue to enjoy the traditions, at Easter and at Christmas and other occasions, some of which are not at all religious. This is a good thing because the families come together and get the chance to enjoy some peace in the calm  corner of  home. This will never stop, but how much is man prepared,  for example, to abandon  the idea of Jesus' bodily flight to heaven, Or for that matter that He won't ever descend from it, in the bodily sense.
And now this question: Who is not surprised at Gods making changes in age old teachings and sayings? Understand me right: Why be surprised? And, moreover and finally: Who is  even intrigued, and exceedingly fashinated by this factual Gods testing of mankind and do welcome them, as a sign of Gods Lawgiving  Rulership, which sweeps away the dogmas of the churchfathers from centuries ago.
Jesus was a revolutioneer, so why be surprised at God making changes whenever mankind is in need of it according to His inscrutable wisdom. The  schools master teachers gives tests to the pupols now and then, doesn't he?

Let us see what Abdu'l-Bahá answers to this question: What is the meaning of Christ's resurrection after three days?:
..."The resurrection of the Divine Manifestations are not of the body. All their states, their conditions, their acts, the things they have established, their teachings, their expressions, their parables, and their instructions have a spiritual and divine signification, and have no connection with material things." Already the test has begun.
"For example, there is the subject of Christ's coming from heaven: it is clearly stated in many places in the Gospel that the Son of Man came from heaven, He is in heaven, and He will go to heaven. So in chapter 6 verse 38 of the Gospel of John it is written: 'For I came down from heaven'; and also in verse 42 we find: 'And they said, Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? How is it then that he saith, I came down from heaven?' Also in John, chapter 3 verse 13:'And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of Man which is in heaven.'
Observe that it is said' The Son of Man is in heaven', while at that time Christ was on earth. Notice also that it is said that Christ came down from heaven, though he came from the womb of Mary, and His body was born of Mary. It is clear, then, that when it is said that the Son of Man is come from heaven, this has not an outward but an inward signification; it is a spiritual, not a material , fact. The meaning is that though, apparently, Christ was born from the womb of Mary, in reality he came from heaven, from the Centre of the Sun of Reality; from the Divine world, and the Spiritual Kingdom."
That wasn't all too complicated, was it? Still a whole lot of "dust of old" can now be discerned, burdening the pure teachings of Christ, a dustheap of manmade sayings that we do not need in order  to appreciate the divine works and words of Jesus the Christ.
"And as it has become evident that Christ came from the spiritual heaven of the Divine Kingdom, therefore His disappearance under the earth for three days has an inner signification, and is not an outward fact. In the same way, His resurrection from the interior of the earth is also symbolical; it is a spiritual and divine fact, and not a material; and likewise His ascension to heaven is a spiritual fact, and not material ascension."
We have been told in the Old Testament that  our Faith must be " of our heart,
of our soul, and of our reason".(My translation, maybe somewhat faulty.)
So, therefore I'll let Abdu'l-Bahá continue: "Beside these explanations, it has been established and proved by science that the visible heaven is a limitless aerea, void and empty, where innumerable stars and planets revolve." The era when we imagine thinking of Christs dwellingplace up or out there, is over. and thoughtful people will again seek religion, not having to cling to absurdities.

You might say: it is actually written that the  bodily ascension took place. My answer is that the Holy Writ is "twotounged", which means you can either believe it materially or you may believe in the spirit. This way you get the goats and the sheep The sheep will listen to the true Shepherd, but alas others will take the old symbols as facts.

This is the gist of the test. Every thousand year.And many will have lost faith, sticking to its literal appearance. As for my part I didn't believe in anything after having threwn away religion. Therefore I was empty and some Christians would therefore say: " Would that you had come to our Church before turning to Bahaullah." Well,  He showed me that I had lost nothing. He showed me the greatness of Christ  and I will always uphold my belief in Him.I
 love Him  in the true sense,heartfelt, holding to His Reality.
Abdu'l-Bahá continues:
"Therefore we say that the meaning of Christ's resurrection is as follows: the disciples were troubled and agitated after the martyrdom of Christ. The Reality of Christ, which signifies His TEACHINGS (my capitals), His bounties, His perfections, and His spiritual power, was hidden and concealed for two or three days after His martyrdom, and was not replendent and manifest. No, rather it was lost; for the believers were few in number and were troubled and agitated. The Cause of Christ was like a lifeless body; and when after three days the disciples became assured and steadfast, and began to serve the cause of Christ, and resolved to spread the divine teachings, putting His counsels into practice...the Reality of Christ became resplendent and His bounty appeared; His religion found life, His teachings and His admonitions became evident and visible. In other words, the Cause of Chrisat, was like a lifeless body, until the life and the bounty of the Holy Spirit surrounded it.."

A question: How can one's faith in Christ ever be diminished by belief in both heart and reason. leaving all the miracles of the world aside.

Love is the GREAT MIRACLE.

And that is like heart's honey. You will feel it. It is something that you can feel in your hidden heart.This is the secret of the martyrs, the true martyrs. (Not the one's who commit suicide and kill others at the same time.) No I mean those who willingly sacrifice their own life, and who, while still on earth live in heaven. In the Bahai Faith the early period  is called the Heroic Era.
Ask yourself, once and for all. Do miracles in the superstitious sense  have a lasting power, does it give man eternal life? I have mentioned many times that Jesus Himself rejects them.
Let us return to Abdu'l-Bahá:
"Such is the meaning of the resurrection of Christ, and this was a true resurrection. But as the clergy have neither understood the meaning of the Gospels, nor comprehended the symbols, therefore it has been said that religion is in contradiction to science, and science in opposition to religion; as, for example, this subject of the ascension of Christ with an elemental body to the visible heaven is contrary to the science of mathematics. But when the truth of this subject becomes clear, and the symbol is explained, science in no way contradicts it; but, on the contrary, science and the intelligence affirm it."

Pondering upon this, and getting done with the ageold  myths of the clergy , you will in its stead feel a fresh breeze through your soul, myths that are like the brown leaves of last year, covering the new verdure, that wants to pop up. Or:There is a hidden  window of the soul that longs for opening to receive the whirling  winds of the Divine Spring, that wind that goes whereever it is bidden by the Lord.
Changing the world.

Greetings from Laila

"Earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens" "The source of arts and crafts is the power of reflection" Bahá'u'lláh.1817-1892 Founder of the Bahái'Faith
+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: The Resurrection of Christ
4/14/2009 9:25:45 AM
Hello Laila!

You are doing a great work! I read some of your articles and there are many things to learn. Very intreresting subject today. Thank you for sahring What is the meaning of the Ressurection of Jesus.

CHRIST IS RISEN
By IRENE PAPA AND VANGELIS

Click above (Song and clip)
Georgios
ETERNAL WISDOM-Know ThySelf, PHILOXENIA MetaCafe, Adlanders In Facebook
+0
Laila Falck

358 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
4/14/2009 10:38:05 AM
Dear friend Giorgios
Thanks for the Song and the Music.I hope others will press the card too to listen to the beautiful musik and Irene Papas singing. A made a friend of mine also to hear this through the telephone. She was so delighted and she knew about Vangelis.
Som alltid när jag hör grekisk musik och sång får jag en helt  kroppstäckande rysning av välbehag och något känns i min hals, liksom längtan. Jag uppskattar så mycket att du också hör av dig och jag har  glatts åt att du tycker det är intressant att läsa om Bahai. Jag gläds för din skull.
Du får så gärna skriva ner några tankar på min forumsida. Vill du inte det???? Det skulle berika den och kanske bli mer av en samtalssida Det är egentligen bara underbare  humoristiske Nick som hör av sig , också uppskattande, med söta och roliga kort men, skriv du också, skriv ner dina synpunkter. Eller frågor! Jag hoppas alltid att du hör av dig

Sköt om dig
och ha det bra!

Bästa hälsningar från
Laila

"Earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens" "The source of arts and crafts is the power of reflection" Bahá'u'lláh.1817-1892 Founder of the Bahái'Faith
+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/14/2009 10:17:19 PM
Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0
Laila Falck

358 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
4/17/2009 7:39:17 AM

Dear Nick,

Thanks for your sweet meditative card.

Today I will be short because I have got an unusually  severe cold and need a lot of rest. But I will be back soon, or when I consider that most readers have read about the changes God makes every thousand years.

Have a good day my brother in Faith.

Laila

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!