Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: PURIM AND PASSOVER
3/7/2009 1:25:47 AM

Hi Lydia,

Thanks for the for the graphics and holiday greetings.

One interesting aspect of Purim that it's the only Jewish holiday that you are supposed to get drunk on. The reason is that this is a happy holiday cos of the miracle that saved the Jews of Persia from the plans that the evil Haman had for them.

The happy outcome was due to the actions of Mordechai and Queen Esther AND all the Jews that fasted and prayed as Mordechai commanded them to do.

So part of the observance of Purim is to drink so much until you can't tell the difference between Mordechai and Haman the the evil one.

עד דלא ידע להבדיל בין מרדכי היהודי להמן הרשע

Shalom,

Peter

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/7/2009 1:31:45 AM

Hi Geketa,

Purim is a great and happy holiday. The kids all over Israel are in their costumes and parading all over the place.

Years ago there were general celebrations in all the municipalities with parades and decorations all over the place. Now it's a bit more difficult for many reasons but the celebrations are the same just done in a different manner.

Yes it is interesting the similarity between the 2 names Haman and Hamas. Both evil and murderers and extreme actions are their favorite pastimes.

Shalom,

Peter

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/7/2009 1:37:38 AM

Ho Roger,

Thanks for coming by. The reason for the problem getting here was due to the thread being posted twice. An adland glitch that happens from time to time. So the second one was deleted and you probably clicked on that one.

Purim and Passover are well documented in the Bible (OT) but many aren't familiar with the different celebrations. I'm glad you got a bit more of an insight to these holidays now. for a full transcript of Purim the Book of Esther tells it all. 

Thanks for joining us in our celebrations.

Shalom,

Peter 

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/7/2009 1:45:25 AM

Hi Amanda,

Passover sure was full of miracles and even though the first 9 plagues were devastating in their own right it wasn't enough to convince Pharaoh to let the Israelites go. The tenth was the convincer and yet he had second thoughts and tried to get them back.

Well the parting of the Red Sea was the final miracle that allowed the Jews to carry on to the promised land.

Read a bit about Purim. It's a great holiday and a very interesting Book in the Bible. If you'd like I can refer you to some excellent sites that explain the holiday and all the other Jewish Holidays.

Shalom,

Peter

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
3/8/2009 8:33:13 AM
Very interesting Peter!

We need to celebrate those festivals and they do have a lot to say to us.

When we celebrate them God will bring miracles upon us and remove existing barriers and obstacles.
One example.When we are doing our business we can run into some difficulties sometimes and need to overcome those obstacles, or they can occur in daily situations as well.

Adonai will remove them and give us victory as he did to his people when they were deliberated from the slavery in Egypt.

I once teached about the Purim Festival how Esther and Mordechai saved the Jews from the Evil Haman.

That book is very important in this time as we see so much of antisemitism in different parts of the world and even in this community.
Mattias Kroon Affiliate Creative Marketer http://moneymaker4554.blogspot.com/
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!