Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Alain Deguire

8052 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: What about Respect in Making a Difference?
2/8/2009 8:34:51 AM

Hello Amanda,

So happy to see you here My Friend... Thank you!

I must say as Nick... I love your new picture... Great!

From what you are expressing, it seems that Respect could somehow be related to Trust... and, can easily be lost... if I am not being true to myself and others.

Blessings,

Alain

+0
Alain Deguire

8052 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/8/2009 8:46:49 AM

Hello My Sweet Friend Rinna,

You contribution is very much appreciated... Thank You!

I can see that like Amanda you bring the relationship between Respect and Trust... somehow they are very much related, isn't it?

But, I also want to emphasize...

"When you respect the person's belief and views, you tend to accept their point of views and why they do such things."

This is so true and interesting... Respect allows for the ability to go a step further in accepting their point of view and even to understand why they think or act in this way... which in turn can simply add to our ability to Respect... Not that we need to share their point of view but to accept and understand makes so much of a difference!

Blessings,

Alain

+0
Alain Deguire

8052 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/8/2009 9:02:42 AM

My Dearest Friend Roger,

Thank you so much for your Presence and Contribution!

I see that somehow we share a similar point of view here... Amanda, Rinna and you bring about the dimension of trust and understanding differences...

As you say it...

"Respect helps us to deal with even those things we don't understand. There are people in the world who hold  views abhorent top me and most reasonable humanbeings, but, that said, I respect that those people arrived at that opinion via a process that I have either not been exposed to or seen in the same way."

I think, as mentionned by Rinna, that Respect brings us the willingness to go a step further in wanting to understand how is it that this person thinks or acts so differently than me... I can come to accept and understand... WOW!

So many Differences in all of our Life Experiences... If we could simply understand that with so many Differences, there cannot be only one right way or only one right answer or only one right solution that would meet for all needs!

Blessings to You My Friend,

Alain

+0
Rinna Rani

5162 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/8/2009 9:12:19 AM
Dear Alain,
Greetings!
Thanks for the reply and sharing/ emphasizing certain points.  Ability to go a step further - that one is very well said.  In respect, we seem to learn ability... able to.... that is funny somehow cause we are able to respect yet sometimes we don't.

I hope that respect in the world, and that includes me, does not biase against gender, race or religion.

Thanks Alain, what a great topic and point of view from many.  You are just shining your love in Adland aren't you?  Oppppsss, that includes respect too ;)

Love,
Rinna

+0
Alain Deguire

8052 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/8/2009 9:25:50 AM

Dear Amanda and Roger,

This Difference in Meanings that you expressed here is somewhat coming back to this UNDERSTANDING, in fact I should probably say to THE WILLINGNESS to Understand where the other person is really coming from...

You both certainly are aware from your life experiences and education or trainings that all of our actual thinking and acting are very much directed by the understanding I made from previous life experiences and especially those in early age... so to Understand, I must be willing to go ahead and want to know more about the other person and life experiences... This maybe quite a challenge sometimes!

Thank You for bringing so much light to this discussion...

Blessings,

Alain

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!