Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Eileen H

986 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Katrina may Spawn Scams!
9/7/2005 8:50:26 AM
Thanks Mark, I will give them a look :)
+0
Eileen H

986 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
9/7/2005 8:54:36 AM
Jim, Thanks for stopping in. My husband got a Burgman, Saves a bunch on gas, but now we will have to get him a smaller car for the winter, the van's will not be an option. But yes a few people ar now on bike's or scooters :)
+0
9/10/2005 12:13:57 PM
Eileen, More on Scams from Katrina. Was watching an article a day or so back that showed that some 3-400 domain names were registered with the name Katrina in them 'Before' the hurricane hit, since then many more have been registered. Probably the most damaging ones also have 'Red Cross' somewhere in the URL's. These scum from Brazil, Nigeria & other parts of the globe & I'm sorry to say some in America, have built identical Red Cross charity donation sites to collect money from the Katrina disaster. The more cunning of them actually take you to the real Red Cross site when you have filled in your donation. Please everyone, I know how much we all want to help the victims of this terrible disaster, but make 100% sure that the Red Cross site you are making your donation to, is the real one.
+0
Eileen H

986 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
9/10/2005 12:59:01 PM
Anthony, Thank You for the updates. Yes you are so right about making sure it is the right link. Of course the redcross is www.redcross.org I think .ORG is the Key. Here. Have a Great Day :)
+0
Peter Vinson

427 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
9/12/2005 7:37:39 PM
Hi Eileen, You are doing a wonderful job in providing guidance to prevent us from fallen for scams. I appreciate what you are doing for us. Thank you.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!