Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: KALEIDOSCOPE #9: INDO-GREEK KINGDOM OF INDIA
1/11/2009 3:45:11 PM
Lakshman_Temple.jpg Indo-greek architecture image by romacmail

I really hope my picture of Indo-greek art uploads. I've been trying for hours.
Roger
+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/11/2009 4:10:52 PM
Hello Roger

Thank you for the visit. Yes the picture is a miniature but it is there.

LORD KRISHNA
Hindu music

Click above

Kindly Regards,
Georgios
ETERNAL WISDOM-Know ThySelf, PHILOXENIA MetaCafe, Adlanders In Facebook
+0
Judy Smith

4550 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/11/2009 7:06:51 PM

Oh, Georgios, you are such a sweetheart.  Not only do I love the information you have presented here, I share your enthusiasm for Pauline too. 

Thank you, my friend, and I know Pualine and many others will be appreciative as well.

Bless you!

Judy

+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/11/2009 10:35:44 PM
Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0
Rajaram S.K.

12239 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/12/2009 5:30:09 AM

Dear Georgios and friends,

Re: KALEIDOSCOPE #9: INDO-GREEK KINGDOM OF INDIA ....

Very valuable and interesting informations, you have furnished with few details here, which I too used to wonder as to what these Sanskrit words may mean/lead to like....Yavan, Yunan, Yunanistan, Yona are other names for Ionia a name which was used for ancient Greene (Hellas)...., as you had mentioned....Thanks.... May be there are more words, verses etc., borrowed from Greek/India and vice versa. Perhaps if I had attended regularly, well known Scholars/saints discourses like Swami Chinamyananda, I would have known earlier more details to share with you all.....Under the Universal Umbrella, we are all one....our ancestors/saints had a free travel to anywhere in the Planets of the Universe, let alone Greek, Europe, India etc.,.... It's all a cycle of Rulers of Empires spread across many parts of the Universe/Globe, been ruled by many Emperors, known to be the Rulers of the World......finally landing or getting back to their own origin/NATION of the beginning of adventurism, like GREEK KING ALEXANDER THE GREAT, who asked a saint in MEDITATION, as to what he was doing/upto. The saint put  counter questions to the King Alexander and enquired about later's adventurism. "Then what you will do?" questioned the saint. "I shall go back to my country and take rest...." the King said. "Well, that's what I am doing now......" said the saint...... This incident gave the King Alexander AN UNIVERSAL MESSAGE OF PEACE AND MEDITATION........Hence, let us conquer the WORLD BY OUR TRUE LOVE AND PEACE, rather than........what's happening around us nowadays.....

I shall quote here the following;

LOVE IS THE FUNDAMENTAL BASIS OF WORLD PEACE

All names and forms are but the manifestations of the Supreme Being who is Existence-Knowledge-Bliss Absolute and non-dual. He is the embodiment of SATHYAM, SIVAM, SUNDARAM (TRUTH, GOODNESS, BEAUTY).

NOURISH YOUR MIND WITH TRUTH AND LOVE.....

PARENTS SHOULD SET PROPER EXAMPLE BEFORE THEIR CHILDREN.....

ALL ARE THE CHILDREN OF ONE GOD.....

EXCERCISE CONTROL OVER YOUR MIND....

DEVELOP DIRECT CONTACT WITH GOD....When the life principle goes out from the body, it becomes an empty useless bag which will be burnt and reduced to ashes. Therefore, offer all that you have to GOD. LUST, ANGER, GREED, JEALOUSY ETC., are bad qaulities. They cannot give you happiness.......give up all these evil qualitites! Then you will have only HAPPINESS. IF YOU WANT TO EXPERIENCE THIS HAPPINESS, OFFER EVERYTHING TO GOD........

IMBIBE THE SPIRIT OF SACRIFICE ......When the people in the street enquired why the hands of the dead emperor Alexander had been kept out of the hearse, they should tell them that though the emperor had carved out a huge empire, had a big army and a number of doctors, nothing could save him from DEATH, and he was departing from the world EMPTY-HANDED.......PRACTICE SELF-SACRIFICE AND HELP THE POOR. LEAD YOUR LIFE IN THIS SACRED MANNER. THIS IS THE WAY TO ACHIEVE BLESSEDNESS...............

...Excerpts from Bhagawan Sri Sathya Sai Baba's Valedictory Discourse in Sai Kulwant Hall on 22nd July 2008 on the occasion of Sri Sathya Sai World Education Conference 2008.

With Love, light, faith and peace to all

Rajaram S.K.

S.K. Rajaram
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!