Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: IT'S TIME TO VOTE FOR THE 2008 PERSON OF THE YEAR - POTY
1/13/2009 4:54:36 PM

I think everyone who ever voted here should be allowed to make suggestions for the future of this election.  It IS a community election, isn't it?  So everyone in the community should be entitled to have a say in it.

You quit, so why get annoyed with other peoples' suggestions?

My suggestions are very good, obviously.

What suggestions of yours have been implemented here for 2 years? 

I said I may not even want this job, why would anyone want it?

You can have it back if you want it.  I guess you'll stop using Profile Links and the Voter of the Week then. 

+0
Joe
Joe Downing

9720 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/13/2009 4:57:14 PM

Congratulations Peter!!!

You have been a big presence in the community and it shows today.  You have worked hard and very dilligent in keeping the POTW and PhOTW alive along with your wonderful team of Jim and AnaMaria.  You guys do everything big and with great meticulous efforts.  You beautified the forums and made everything very easy to follow and keep up with.  I commend you for unselfishly giving of your time and efforts to keep it alive even when others don't reflect the honor that you so well deserve.  So congratulations my friend!  POTY!!!!  WhoooOOoooOOoo!

Being so close, I would also like to congratulate Pauline also a big presence in this community and being simply a wonderful friend.  And to all of the other candidates, you guys rock!!!  You'll certainly be back here next year I'm sure running again.  We'll be watching and waiting!!  LOL!!

It is unfortunate that these polls and contests turn out with so much negativity.  I believe that they play an important role for our community and I would hate to see them go away because a few only see the negative aspects.  I am also very sad to see this hard working and dedicated team resign from the POTW Team.  I wish you guys all the blessings that could compensate you for your time.

Personally, I'm waiting for the CONGRATULATION FORUM so we can get started partying for King Peter!!

I wish everyone else goodluck in figuring out the future of the POTW/PhOTW and POTY.  As a POTW recipient, I'll do the honorable thing and support the continuance.

Always hugs of peace and harmony,

Joe

PS:  Peter, Jim and AnaMaria... I hope you reconsider your resignation.
***ADLAND BULLETIN BOARD*** What is Xtreme X2O? ###Get some X2O and Jerky RADICAL for the TRUTH! Laus Deo! ** HUG DEPARTMENT: Always OPE
+0
Donald Rich

1529 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
1/13/2009 5:06:11 PM

POTY

+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/13/2009 5:27:44 PM
Kind of silly to deny anyone a vote.  Where is that right?  Get real

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/13/2009 5:51:41 PM

Who's denying anyone a vote?

Anyone CAN vote if they are an ACTIVE member of the community.  It only takes a short time to start a friends list, start a forum, and post to other forums.

If this is a COMMUNITY election, then the voters should PARTICIPATE in the community BEFORE they jump in and vote.  They should at least KNOW who they are voting for, for a few days or a week before clicking the VOTE button.  They should take the time to become acquainted with the nominees.  That only makes sense.

You're naive if you think people can't cheat an electronic ballot.  It happened rampantly in the January 2007 POTY election.

Other people are naive if they think there were only last-minute new accounts and unacquainted voters voting for only 1 person.  It happens all the time, probably in all elections for lots of nominees.

That's why I think voters should be here for awhile and make themselves known and get to know other community members before voting. 

+0