Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Potw Team

2183 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
CATHY WALKER IS THE 169th PERSON OF THE WEEK - POTW
11/29/2008 7:45:31 PM

POTW***POTW***POTW***POTW***POTW

The 169th Person of the WEEK !!!  

Greetings To Everyone At AdlandPro,

Peter Fogel, Ana Maria Padurean and Jim Allen your POTW Awards Team.  

Are pleased to announce;

Cathy Walker is the 169th Person of the Week

Cathy Walker

Cathy  Walker

It’s time again for one our favorite projects of the week and that is the Feature of The Week! It is one of our favorite projects because you folks and the POTW’s of the week make it a very special event. We are all so fortunate to be a part of this community that is made up of so many friendly and talented people.

Thank you so much for your support and for making this event so special.

The reason the Feature of the Week forum was created was to honor people who have a positive influence on this community. 

To qualify the person has to be an active member
and one who contributes to the positive atmosphere here at AdlandPro. Here are the criteria for nominating a member for the Feature of the Week

(also referred to as the Person of the Week, POTW). 

This criterion can be seen at the site below:

Criterion

How Do I Get Selected as Person of the Week?

To be chosen as Person of the week you:

• Are highly visible on the community

In the past 350 post were the minimum requirement, we

aren't locked in on that number but a minimum of 300 posts

is mandatory. Posts that are mainly advertising posts will not

be considered.

Please note highly visible with a positive influence in and on

the community means just that. You have to have an active

forum and/or be active in community forums that are not ad

threads.

• Are always seen as respectful, professional, and helpful.

• Must be nominated for the program by another member 

of the Community and voted on by other members.

• Must have a real photo of themselves on their profile.

This week we're honoring Cathy Walker.
Cathy is involved in the community and is seen everywhere supporting, and posting in many forums. 

Cathy is a very interesting and active member of our community . Cathy is very friendly, supportive and shares her artistic talents. Cathy is always willing to lend a helping hand.

Congratulations Cathy

on your POTW win! Wink

Cathy Walker  

Here's Cathy Walker's Bio:
Hello Friends,

Born in the Top end of australia in a city called Darwin ,in the Northern territory then living in a town called “Batchelor”..60 miles south of Darwin for the first 7 years of my life .

I was lucky enough to have the “bush” as my playground as a child growing up there
bush lifestyle gave me a definite respect for the land and it’s creatures /inhabitants and also gave me a real sense of curiousity for all things pertaining to nature…and creation in general.

I have lived in Dandenong Victoria Australia on the poor side of town..LOL for the past 33 years and I paint on canvas, wood, ceramics , furniture.. anything that I can find.. that would hold some paint, I also like to use recycled materials..and I collect twisted branches that have fallen from my gum trees..thinking that I might like to make some pilgrims staffs.. or walking sticks from these ..some day soon.

I’ve been in a small number of group exhibitions both in melbourne and sydney and I’ve had just one solo exhibition , in a place called the old cheese factory (a public gallery here in victoria)which was very enjoyable…maybe didn’t give me the monetary gain that I needed..but emotionally it was very exciting..and I was proud of my great efforts to get the exhibition together..

I paint the visions in my head..they can come to me at any time!! I have many different styles and use many different paints and techniques from pencil and ink to charcoal and oils and acrylics.. House paint even..yes!!  my favourite paint is acrylic because of it’s quick drying time..enabling my thoughts or visions to be trapped at lightening speed .I’ve been told that I have great originality and a diverse variation in style…cool! and thanks!

my work is my own…I never copy from others works. I am 52 years old..and have been painting for well over 35 years ..My latest “batch” of paintings..and my newest “sessions” have revealed some interesting ideas around angelic beings , and some lovely paintings of the earth and her beauty. I have many Interests.. like reading, and fossiking for treasure.. and gold panning ..and I am most interested in the UFO phenomenom..after seeing a strange light in the sky in 1993..there were 7 of us watching the sky that night..so there are witnesses..
I have painted some amazing UFO and alien type creatures after witnessing this strange light .

there is much I could say about myself..hha!! but I won't bore you any longer

here is my gallery of paintings at Red Bubble

http://www.redbubble.com/people/synchronicity

and Thankyou!!

regards from

cathy walker

It is time to congratulate Cathy on her POTW win. Please invite
Cathy to join your list of friends if she isn't already on it.

Cathy Walker,

Ana Maria, Jim and I are glad to be honoring 
you in this week's POTW forum.
You've been a great asset to our wonderful
community.

Enjoy your week as our 

POTW and Queen of AdlandPro!Wink

Thank you Adland Friends for supporting 
the POTW Forum

The Person of the Week Team

Peter, Jim and Ana Maria

POTW Awards Team

+0
Peter Fogel

7259 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: CATHY WALKER IS THE 169th PERSON OF THE WEEK - POTW
11/29/2008 8:03:09 PM

Hello AnaMaria & Jim,

Another week and another winner. That's two weeks in a row that artists are in the spotlight.

Cathy, Congratulations on your POTW win. I enjoyed seeing your art when it was exhibited in the art forum. Very impressive, unique and pleasing to the eye.

Enjoy your reign as Queen Cathy of AdlandPro.

Shalom,

Peter

Peter Fogel
Babylon 7
+0
Ted
Ted Kusie

552 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
11/29/2008 8:07:29 PM

CONGRATULATIONS CATHY!

ENJOY YOUR WEEK!

LOVE YOUR ART!!

God Bless Your Success! Ted Kusie Your Adland Friend Winnipeg, Canada Here is Your Money!
+0
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/29/2008 8:30:12 PM
Thanks POTW team. CATHY I love you , you are awesome and you diserve this recognition!! :) Australia is Rocking NOW!! or Blocked LOL Enjoy your week my beautiful friend. "HUGS" God_bless you and your family (H). Thomas. QUEEN CATHY
AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0
Cathy Walker

370 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
11/29/2008 8:37:08 PM

peter..wow!! What an Buzz..thankyou so much and so glad that enjoyed my art .. 

winning this award..well what to say ? ..I'm over the moon .. and not deserving really ..I'm not..But will accept with much appreciation!!

thankyou again 

cathy walker

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!