Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Kathy Hamilton

13886 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
WHEN THE WIND BLOWS
8/28/2005 1:11:20 AM
Hello my friends, When the Wind Blows Years ago a farmer owned land along the Atlantic seacoast. He constantly advertised for hired hands. Most people were reluctant to work on farms along the Atlantic. They dreaded the awful storms that raged across the Atlantic, wreaking havoc on the buildings and crops. As the farmer interviewed applicants for the job, he received a steady stream of refusals. Finally, a short, thin man, well past middle age, approached the farmer. "Are you a good farmhand?" the farmer asked him. "Well, I can sleep when the wind blows," answered the little man. Although puzzled by this answer, the farmer, desperate for help, hired him. The little man worked well around the farm, busy from dawn to dusk, and the farmer felt satisfied with the man's work. Then one night the wind howled loudly in from offshore. Jumping out of bed, the farmer grabbed a lantern and rushed next door to the hired hand's sleeping quarters. He shook the little man and yelled, "Get up! A storm is coming! Tie things down before they blow away!" The little man rolled over in bed and said firmly, "No sir. I told you, I can sleep when the wind blows.." Enraged by the response, the farmer was tempted to fire him on the spot. Instead, he hurried outside to prepare for the storm. To his amazement, he discovered that all of the haystacks had been covered with tarpaulins. The cows were in the barn, the chickens were in the coops, and the doors were barred. The shutters were tightly secured. Everything was tied down. Nothing could blow away. The farmer then understood what his hired hand meant, so he returned to his bed to also sleep while the wind blew. MORAL: When you're prepared, spiritually, mentally, and physically, you have nothing to fear. Can you sleep when the wind blows through your life? The hired hand in the story was able to sleep because he had secured the farm against the storm. We, as believers in Christ, secure ourselves against the storms of life by grounding ourselves in the Word of God.. We don't need to understand, we just need to hold His hand to have peace in the midst of the storms. I hope you sleep well! Unknown- Many blessings to you,have a great week, kathy martin
I walk by faith not by sight Profit Clicking http://www.profitclicking.com/?r=simikathy
+0
Nan
Nan Herring

3059 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: WHEN THE WIND BLOWS
8/28/2005 1:22:16 AM
this is really wonderful kathy.
+0
8/28/2005 1:46:31 AM
Good story Kathy! Not enough Christians read their bibles. I'd say about 90% or more have never read the bible entirely. Now image trying to perform surgery when you never have read a book on surgery procedures. When you have read and studied the word of God you instandly recall scriptures at the moment they are needed for comfort or instruction on what to do in any given situation. You have to be grounded in the word or you will just be blown here and there with the winds of the storm. Blessing to you my sweet friend! JOHN
+0
Kathy Hamilton

13886 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/28/2005 2:20:45 AM
Hello Nan and John S. Thanks for joining me, very nice to see you nan, pleasure seeing you John,Its been awhile, thanks for coming,Kathy
I walk by faith not by sight Profit Clicking http://www.profitclicking.com/?r=simikathy
+0
8/28/2005 3:49:32 AM
Amen Kathy, Great story, and a good lesson to take to heart. When you're prepared, spiritually, mentally, and physically, you have nothing to fear. Spiritually is where most of the world is missing it. Even the "church" and "" is to mean what we have come to know as the "church" in the west here. If those that call them self "Christians" knew the the storm that is coming they would indeed be tieing down every thing they could. God willing I will be releasing soon a e-book if I get it to fit in that format. It is called "The Final Hour it is Here". I hope everyone here on adland get a copy and reads it if they dare. It is not milk it is meat of the word. If those that call them self "Christians" knew the the storm that is coming they they would be on there face before God in repentance and prayer. It not the time for jumping, shouting, dancing it is a time to weep and cry out to God. Millions of souls are hell bound and many in our own cities and towns and know one is praying but a very few faithful few. Many sitting on pews and in the pulpits of America, Cananda,Mexico and other nations shall find them self in hell, not heaven. Satan has blinded their eyes and deafened ther ears to the point they don't even know they are in danger. This storm is not sent by the devil. This Storm is sent by the God of the Bible it is the storm of his judgement against the people that call themself of the House of God. But what shall folow is far worse it is wrath of God pourd out on the whole earth, that no man can stand. Many will come to this post thinking they are alright, thinking they will escape this wrath of God that is coming. Wrong! But I am a christian, then you of all people should know the truth and that is you will be required to endure untill the end. You have believed the lies of men and devils tell you your going to be raptured before it get bad. You need to ask God the truth!Rapture is not in the bible. Oh Brother yad, I don't think God is going to allow his children to suff these things. You better thing again he allowed Jesus to suffer untill the death on the cross. We are call to be partakers with him in his suffering. Wake up! You don't have things in order for this storm! Ponder on this! and Pray! Yada
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!