Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Lying Politicians
9/13/2008 7:35:16 PM
Well, folks, it's election time here in North America, both in Canada and in the USA.  As usual, the polical rhetoric is flying out of control on both sides of the border.

What I am finding very difficult to understand is why some politicians get ANY serious attention.

At this point in time, I think I'm still just calm enough not to start telling you who I think you should vote for.

However, what I WILL tell you is that I think anyone who relies on the major news networks and political ads to make up their minds who to vote for might as well put on a blindfold and throw darts at a list of names!

Just as I have posted time and again for people to do their due diligence when choosing what and who to involve themselves with in business, so I would say you need to do your due diligence in choosing who you're going to vote for.

Think of it this way...  if you were going to invest your hard earned money in something, would you simply invest in the very first thing that comes along, or would you do some serious checking, first? 

Similarly, if you were going to hire someone to manage your business, would you hire just anyone, based entirely on what he told you, or would you check his references, first?

Seriously, folks - you're about to hire new help to step in and run your country!!  Don't let lying politicians and biased media tell you who to choose.  If you can read this message, you have in front of you all the tools you need to find out a LOT about the candidates for this job. 

If you have already decided who you're going to vote for based on what you've heard in the media, then this message is not for you.  You're probably one on the thousands and likely millions out their who has decided to "vote for change," simply because some lying politician with no real credentials has told you to via the TellthemVision in your living room.

Change to WHAT from WHAT?  If you can give me an intelligent answer, you just might get my attention.  If you can't, well... you deserve what you get and you get what you deserve.

I'm praying for our countries.

God bless,

Dave
+0
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Lying Politicians
9/13/2008 8:43:28 PM
I'm praying to buddy, its unfortunate that our politics are that way. Every election year from the beginning you will see the good reviews of both sides and like the media who loves to eat up this stuff then quickly turns around with finding the gossip and back stabbing of one another for there rating systems towards voting day, they love it! my advice would be to wait it out without having to voice an opinion harshly, being objective and know who you are, rabbi Jesus once did say that God made the bad as well as the good. And of course you cant be to careful when looking for business partners, its essential that you know there background first. I'm so glad that i have a country that gives me the freedom to choose what i watch and what i read and the decisions to turn the stations and or the music channels with ease and not be worried of a hostile take over like in some countrys do for just political statemements, aren't you? Thank God for that. Have a good weekend my friend God_bless you. Thomas  :)
AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/13/2008 8:53:19 PM

Hi Dave,

I'm not going to mention a name either, but one of our candidates just "changed" his slogan from "Change We Can Believe In" to "Change We Need".

Now THAT small "change" makes me wonder if we can't believe in him anymore.  Is our "need" for change no longer a "belief" in change? 

+0
Marty Bromberg

571 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
9/14/2008 7:01:07 AM
Hi Dave,
I am voting for McCain.He can protect us from Islamic Extremist's and keep our country safe.We live in a dangerous world.He will cut spending and lower our taxes.
I Love America and so does he.
We are still the BEST Country on the world.
God Bless America,
Marty Bromberg
www.martyb.webprosperity.com I WAS LUCKY ENOUGH TO GET ADVANCE NOTICE ABOUT WEBPROSPERITY AND IT LOOK'S LIKE IT WILL BE A POWERFUL PROGRAM FOR ALL THOSE WHO JOIN! RIGHT NOW WEBPROSPERITY IS STILL FREE TO JOIN SO TAKE A LOOK AT IT HERE, BEFORE IT IS NO L
+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/14/2008 9:22:32 AM

Hi again Dave!

Here are the questions asked by Charles Gibson in interviews with Barack Obama, the #1 on the Democrat side, and with Sarah Palin, the #2 on the Republican side.  Obvious media bias, and obvious why the media is getting a huge backlash from Americans who are sick and tired of the bias:

The following is a breakdown of the questions asked of the nominees:

Obama interview:

How does it feel to break a glass ceiling?
How does it feel to “win”?
How does your family feel about your “winning” breaking a glass ceiling?
Who will be your VP?
Should you choose Hillary Clinton as VP?
Will you accept public finance?
What issues is your campaign about?
Will you visit Iraq?
Will you debate McCain at a town hall?
What did you think of your competitor’s [Clinton] speech?

Palin interview:

Do you have enough qualifications for the job you’re seeking? Specifically have you visited foreign countries and met foreign leaders?
Aren’t you conceited to be seeking this high level job?
Questions about foreign policy
-territorial integrity of Georgia
-allowing Georgia and Ukraine to be members of NATO
-NATO treaty
-Iranian nuclear threat
-what to do if Israel attacks Iran
-Al Qaeda motivations
-the Bush Doctrine
-attacking terrorists harbored by Pakistan
Is America fighting a holy war? [misquoted Palin]

There’s no doubt the Charles Gibson interviews showed extreme prejudice against Palin and extreme favoritism towards Obama…He constantly questioned her ability to lead but never questioned Obama’s ability to lead..

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!