Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: A Labor Day Tribute...Please Share Yours Here
8/30/2008 8:16:23 PM
Hello James,

Like Geketa I never really knew what we were celebrating on Labor Day, I thank you for the enlightenment and I join you in celebrating Labor Day.
God Bless all our predecessors for their accomplished labor.
I will also join you on voting on the Bible.

God Bless
Gaby

God Bless Everyone
+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/30/2008 8:27:31 PM

Hi Gaby, I just got back from a vespers program where a female vocalist had a mostly religious solo concert. Her son gave the last four songs. He has a beautiful bass voice. Needless to say, I love good music, and am thankful there are a few folks out there who know how to sing it!

Thank you so much for stopping by and sharing your views.

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/30/2008 9:28:20 PM

Hi James,

Thanks for the Invite.

Gaby, to learn a little more about the History of Labor Day and why we actually celebrate this day in Honor of the American Worker, please click below...

To quote from the final paragraph of this piece...

"The vital force of labor added materially to the highest standard of living and the greatest production the world has ever known and has brought us closer to the realization of our traditional ideals of economic and political democracy. It is appropriate, therefore, that the nation pay tribute on Labor Day to the creator of so much of the nation's strength, freedom, and leadership — the American worker." ( www.dol.gov )

That, my Friend, is why we celebrate Labor Day.

Have A Happy Weekend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/30/2008 9:45:22 PM

Phil, thank you for sharing this piece of history. If anyone else has anything more to add, please feel free to do so. This is interesting!

+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/31/2008 1:57:19 AM
Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!