Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Laila Falck

358 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
True religion and true science are in harmony
8/7/2008 10:43:21 AM
    Hello everybody. Nice to be back!

I cannot see that I have presented these words  by Abdu'l-Bahá, before:
"When religion, shorn of its superstitions,traditions and unintelligent dogmas, shows conformity with science, then there will be a great unifying, cleansing force in the world, which will sweep  before it all wars, disagreements, discords and struggles, and then will all mankind be united in the power of the love of God".

This is a statement by J.E. Esslemont in "Bahaullah and the New Era".p.230-1:
Hitherto the young eagle of humanity has clung to the old aerie in the solid rock of selfishness and materialism. Its attemps to use its wings have been timid and tentative... It has had restless longings for something still unattained. More and more it has been chafing in the confinement of the old dogmas and ortodoxies. But now the era of confinement is at an end, and it can launch on the wings of faith and reason into the higher realms of spiritual love and truth.

How about that?

Kind regards
Laila

"Earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens" "The source of arts and crafts is the power of reflection" Bahá'u'lláh.1817-1892 Founder of the Bahái'Faith
+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: True religion and true science are in harmony
8/7/2008 11:33:55 AM
Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0
Laila Falck

358 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: True religion and true science are in harmony
8/7/2008 3:17:13 PM

Oh how this brings tears in my eyes

"Earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens" "The source of arts and crafts is the power of reflection" Bahá'u'lláh.1817-1892 Founder of the Bahái'Faith
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!