Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: Borrowing My Aol Account?
8/26/2005 1:39:53 PM
Hi Helen. There is one way of stopping your informaton from being used, and that is by using the on sceen keyboard function.... I am actually using it to type this post and even though it is a lot slower then 'normal' typing, if you use it for ALL your user names & passwords, then that will go a long way in confusing and stopping most of the programs that are used to collect information. As the vast majority of us use windows, click on start,all programs, accessories, accessibilty, on screen keyboard. As these programs log your keystrokes (Key Loggers, see Mohamed Gani's post) using the on-screen keyboard with your mouse i.e; clicking, stops these programs from copying your information, as a click is a click is a click... If you really want to code all your passwords and user names, follow the same steps to accessories, then system tools, then character map, you can change the alaphabet into latin, or devise your own language. Then copy/paste your passwords. Also, get good spyware/adware cleaning programs & run them daily. Set your start up program to utilise these programs so you don't forget. Clean out cached cookies daily also, you will be suprised at what information can be obtained from your computer by the cookies saved on it. Just be aware everyone of the criminal mind, if they want some thing, they will devise away to get it.
+0
Eileen H

986 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
8/26/2005 1:49:47 PM
HI Anthony, Eileen Here! Thanks for the information, But All I had to do was open the email and it sent the password automatically. Thanks for stopping in :) Have a Great Day! Eileen
+0
Terry Allison

37 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/26/2005 9:57:46 PM
Hi Tiffany, I, too, received one of these e-mails. The first thing I did was to notify the staff at Adlandpro. They responded very quickly to make sure that this kind of letter didn't spread any further. They will want to know the user name, so they can be sure the account is closed. Anyway, that was my experience. I hope this helps. Sincerely, Terry
+0
Eileen H

986 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
8/27/2005 8:41:50 PM
HI Terry, I am sorry you too have been getting these emails, They must have a database the size of the Grand Canyon. To report, is also my recomendation. Thanks for stopping in, Much appreciated :)
+0
8/28/2005 2:34:44 PM
Hi, Shame on them and may the holy spirit convict their hearts. I think it is time for all of us to start relying on the power of prayer. I read so many testimonials of how we trust in God Almighty. We have to watch as well as pray. So right now I pray a hedge of protection for all of us who believe in the God of our Salvation. He is the great I Am. We all need our businesses as so much of our profits have been forfieted and jobs are so scarce. The last thing we need is for us to despare and lose our blessings. May Jesus be the Lord of all the kingdoms of our hearts. Every Knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. To the glory of God the Father. Lets all just pray for one another and touch and agree. I know we cannot reach physical hands but the spirit of the Lord is real. Let us all reach out and believe God the Jehovah Jireh for a miracle and bless everyone in our Adland Community. In Jesus Name, Thelma Lowery
Thelma Lowery loweryandbyers@aol.com thlmlowery@yahoo.com
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!