Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Terry Gill

51 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: I Need Your Prayers and Your Support...
7/26/2008 2:58:27 PM

Geketa,

I'm not Hebrew.  The correct and most accepted English transliteration of the tetragrammaton is Jehovah

I could, but won't, go into a long discourse here on the history of the divine name and how Jewish superstition about the correct pronunciation thereof eventually led to it sadly being totally obliterated from where it once was almost 7,000 times in the Hebrew scriptures alone, but suffice it to say that just as I opened this reply with your personal name, thus showing you respect, God has a personal name and HIS word tells us in hundreds of places the importance of praising it, using it and proclaiming it!  One cannot do that if they refuse to use it, now, can they?  Refer back again to my original post and just know that there are hundreds of more scriptures that support this.

And no, no one "ask" as you say what HIS name was, but why do you make an issue of it in the first place?  I'm doing HIS will in proclaiming it and informing others about it, so why do you object to that?  Maybe for the same reason that you as a Jew reject God's Son, Jesus Christ, as your saviour?  I pitty you and your final outcome on both respects!

Terry 

+0
7/26/2008 3:59:52 PM
Hi, Geketa

Out of respect for James, this will be my last address to you.

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God." (Title 10, US Code; Act of 5 May 1960 replacing the wording first adopted in 1789, with amendment effective 5 October 1962).

I'm including the above so that everyone can see how, according to you, every "evil" veteran - past and present, dead or alive - has been so "disrespectful" to God by using his name in "vain."  And thanks to all these "disrespectful" citizen-soldiers, you have the right to express YOUR opinion ... and I have the right to express MINE ... thank GOD!

And you say WE are disrespectful?  If you are neither Catholic nor Christian, ... WHATEVER you are ... you should respect those of us who are!

By the way, people who hold YOUR same beliefs should use nothing but debit & credit cards ... because our money is inscribed with the motto

"In God We Trust."

And I always sign my emails ...

Guadalupe Picon
In God We Trust
http://GuadalupePicon.com

P.S.  And I'll leave you with another one of my dearly departed mother's favorite sayings ... "Those who know more, understand less."

+0
7/26/2008 4:15:49 PM
Hi, James Kinney

I found your post interesting.  If you don't buy gas from Exxon or Chevron ('cause I use both), who do you buy it from?  And how do you know which brands don't come from OPEC?

I'm looking forward to your response ... and I, too, wish more people would get involved with pressuring Congress about this high cost of fuel problem!

+0
7/26/2008 4:29:33 PM
Hi, Terry

My most humble apologies ...

The first time I addressed Geketa concerning her "G-d" issue, I referred to you as "Tim" ... don't ask me why.  Maybe ... the devil made me do it?

And don't feel bad about expressing your opinions.  You have that right ... and I'm one of those "evil" veterans who used God's name in vain to swear that I would defend that right.

Take care!

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/26/2008 6:27:04 PM

Kathleen, the good news now is that oil prices are finally coming down. They need to come down alot more before the fuel prices will drop much. Seems like fuel prices always spike up and always trickle down...opportunists!

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!