Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: What Do You Believe
7/24/2008 6:37:16 PM
Judy My Dear !

I do admire you for at least looking at the forum. I never try to change anybodies point of view on the subjects of religion or politics but just to offer information that has been around for thousands of years !

Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/24/2008 8:41:56 PM
Hello Dear Anamaria !

First I would like to thank you for a beautiful post, and second I would like to throw some facts to you and the rest of my friends and see what kind of reaction I get. Please remember when I make a forum I make sure all the facts are true and might not be accepted by some.

When Was Jesus Born?

The general assumption is that Jesus was born on December 25th in the year one A.D. Those who have studied into it have proven that both the year and the date are wrong, a fact you can find in any encyclopedia.

The question is, can we actually find out when Jesus was born; both the correct year and the correct date? The answers are, yes, we can find the exact year, and no, we can't find out for sure the actual date, but we can find the season and the date he was very likely born.

First let's find out the year. There is a prophesy in the Bible called the seventy weeks prophesy. It's major purpose is to tell when the Messiah, Jesus, would begin His ministry. We know He was thirty years old when He began His ministry, so if we count back thirty years from the year it began we'll know the year of His birth. Let's see what the prophesy says:

Daniel 9:25 "Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks..."

Threescore means sixty, a score is twenty. Add sixty and two and seven together and that's sixty-nine weeks. (The seventeth week is the time the Messiah will be teaching His people. Jesus taught for three and a half years and will teach the other three and a half when He returns.) Sixty-nine weeks is 483 days. In prophesy, the Bible often uses a day for a year, so that would mean that exacly 483 years after the command to rebuild Jerusalem was issued, the Messiah would begin His teaching.

All we have to do is find out when this command was issued and we know what year Jesus was born!

The book of Ezra tells us that it was in the seventh year of king Artaxerxes:

Ezra 7:8,11 8 And he came to Jerusalem in the fifth month, which was in the seventh year of the king.

11 Now this [is] the copy of the letter that the king Artaxerxes gave unto Ezra the priest, the scribe, even a scribe of the words of the commandments of the LORD, and of his statutes to Israel.

This letter that king Artaxerxes gave Ezra in the seventh year of his reign contained the command to rebuild Jerusalem. This was the year 458 B.C.

Counting forward 483 years from 458 B.C. gives 26 A.D. (If you do the arithmatic yourself remember you have to add one year because there is no year zero.) Now, if we count back thirty years we come to 5 B.C. (You have to add a year again because there's no year zero. It may seem strange that you have to add a year going both directions but that's the way it works.) To make sure it's correct, just subtract 30 years from 483 years to get 453 - then subtract that from 458 B.C. and you get 5 B.C.

Now that we know Jesus was born in 5 B.C., can we figure out the time of year He was born and even come close to the actual date? Yes we can.

The key is in the book of Luke and the book of 1st Chronicles. Let's look at Luke's account of the birth of John the Baptist:

Luke 1:5-6 There was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia: and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elizabeth. And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.

Notice that it says Zacharias was of the course of Abia (spelled Abijah in the Old Testament).

Luke 1:5-6 And it came to pass, that while he executed the priest's office before God in the order of his course, according to the custom of the priest's office, his lot was to burn incense when he went into the temple of the Lord.

King David had arranged the temple service among the priests so that there were 24 "courses" who served for one week every six months. This can be found in 1st Chronicles 24:7-19. The course of Abijah would have corresponded to about the second week in July of the Roman calendar and then Zacharias would go home. During this duty, Zacharias was chosen to burn incense and an Angel appeared to him.

Luke 1:11-22 And there appeared unto him an angel of the Lord standing on the right side of the altar of incense. When Zacharias saw him, he was troubled, and fear fell upon him. But the angel said unto him, "Fear not, Zacharias: for your prayer is heard; and thy wife Elisabeth will bear you a son, and you shall call his name John.

"You will have joy and gladness; and many shall rejoice at his birth. For he will be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink. He will be filled with the Holy Spirit, even from his mother's womb. And many of the children of Israel shall he turn to the Lord their God.

"And he will go before the Lord in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord."

And Zacharias said unto the angel, "How will I know this? For I am an old man, and my wife is old too."

The angel answered, "I am Gabriel, who stands in the presence of God; and I am sent to speak to you about this good news. Because you didn't believe my words, you shalt not be able to speak until the day that these things shall be performed."

The people waiting for Zacharias wondered why he was so long in the temple. Then, when he came out, he could not speak to them, and they realized that he had seen a vision in the temple, for he signed to them, and remained speechless.

Zacharias went home immediately after his course was over and his wife Elizabeth probably become pregnant in the next two weeks. Why is this important? John the Baptist was born nine months later and he was six months older than Jesus. This places the most probable time of Jesus' birth within about two weeks of October first of the Roman calendar; the early part of autumn. Right in the middle of this four weeks is the biblical Feast of Trumpets. The Feast of Trumpets pictures the coming of the Messiah. The inns were full, probably with feast-goers, since Bethleham is only five miles from Jerusalem, the night Jesus was born, so it is highly probable that He was born on the night of the Feast of Trumpets in 5 B.C., far from the traditional December 25th.

This also fits perfectly with a three and a half year ministry of Jesus that ended in His crusifixion on the Passover day, which is half a year away from the Feast of Trumpets.

Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/24/2008 9:31:30 PM
Thomas My Dear Brother !

There was a woman who was a grandmother with a large family and found out the people who just moved in next door did not celebrate Christmas day because as she was told they did not believe in celebrating a pagan holiday. Well the old woman nearly had a heart attack and yelled to the couple that if they did not have Jesus in their hearts that they would burn in Hell. Who is right and who is wrong. As a child I did not beleive everything my Mother and Father told me but they never stopped loving me. God is love and all he wants is for us to love each other.

+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/24/2008 10:31:46 PM
Dear Sister Pauline !

Ask yourself what is your greatest fear, most would say finding out that there is nothing after you die. Since being born we have always had someone to guide us through our lives but when the parents are gone we must find guidance and belief in other sources. We have been promised so much if we believe unconditionally and yet again who is right and who is wrong. We have been taught that Jesus turned the other cheek when slapped and offered forgiveness yet those who follow Muhammad live by the sword and the word of God is Law.

Muhammad The Prophet

Born in 570 CE in the Arabian city of Mecca,[11] he was orphaned at a young age and was brought up under the care of his uncle. He later worked mostly as a merchant, and was first married by age 26. Discontented with life in Mecca, he retreated to a cave in the surrounding mountains for meditation and reflection. According to Islamic beliefs it was here, at age 40, in the month of Ramadan, where he received his first revelation from God. Three years after this event Muhammad started preaching these revelations publicly, proclaiming that "God is One", that complete "surrender" to Him (lit. islām) is the only way (dīn)[12] acceptable to God, and that he himself was a prophet and messenger of God, in the same vein as Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses, David, Jesus and other prophets in Islam.
+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/24/2008 11:14:39 PM
Dear Brother Jim !

I have to say that many people take the bible literally word for word. It is a book of guidance, not a rule book. If you tell a story to one person and have it pass on to everybody on your block by the time you get to the last person the story has changed considerably. The Holy Bible has been re-defined many times over the years with as many versions and we keep on confusing the most simple and basic message, LOVE. Who cares if Christ was married and had kids, so he had a life like we all have, there was a message sent a long time ago and it should be heard, "Just Love One Another".

+0