Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
John Leal

1107 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Believe it or not...
1/17/2009 5:31:53 PM

Hi Kathleen

I think most people's brains in the legal profession are geared towards the letter of the law, but have no idea of what constitutes common sense. For example, in Australia
if a burglar breaks into our home and threatens our family and we belt him with a baseball bat, the burglar can sue us for injury.

And don't get me started on TV. One of the headlines on the news the other night was that Paris Hilton was visiting on holidays. Paris who?

+0
Geketa Holman

2080 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/19/2009 12:21:45 PM
Hi John,

Long time reader first time poster. I loved it!!! The worry I have here is that these jokers are actually practicing law.. I say practicing because most of the time it's not  justice in accordance with the law that wins but the best liar. Maybe they should change the name to "liars of Justice ",instead of lawyers. On the other hand I don't want a practicing Doctor working on me either.

I love your unique sense of humor !

Blessings,

Geketa

Hear, O Israel the L-rd our G-d,the L-rd is one http://www.DHGBoutique.com
+0
John Leal

1107 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
1/19/2009 7:05:48 PM

Hi Geketa

I appreciate your posting as you must be busy with your radio appearances etc. Just moving away from comedy for a bit, when a pedophile is awarded $7,000 compensation because his parole hearing was delayed, then the law is truly an ass.
+0
Geketa Holman

2080 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/20/2009 7:10:13 AM
Hi John,

That is beyond belief I agree . They put two boarder guards in prison here in the US for doing their job. They shot a drug smuggler in his rear end while bringing trying to smuggle in a van load of drugs and got 10 years for it. Yesterday Bush gave them amnesty before he left office. 
They will be getting out sometime in the next 30 or so days.

Hear, O Israel the L-rd our G-d,the L-rd is one http://www.DHGBoutique.com
+0
John Leal

1107 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
1/20/2009 6:04:09 PM

Hi Geketa

There's no end to bad decisions is there? Speaking of George W. Bush, I like him for being laid-back and friendly, and good on him for his amnesty. This new fellow sounds like an evangelist.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!