Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Judy Smith

4550 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Best Friend (Nick)
5/19/2008 12:09:24 PM

Hello Nick!!

That is awesome,

I have been a pet owner almost all my life, so I thoroughly enjoyed this heartwarming story!!  Thank you!

+0
Barbara Delgiudice

1912 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/19/2008 1:27:40 PM

Hi Nick I really love this!  When I was a little girl, the nuns told me animals had no souls and wouldn't go to heaven.  I was furious and upset about this.  I had so many problems after hearing my best friend had no soul and wouldn't go to heaven with me.  I didn't want to go to heaven after I heard about that.

Luckily, now that I am older and wiser, which took me a very long time to achieve because I believed everybody else, was to believe in my heart.  My heart told me all my life that animals have souls and will go to heaven, too.  I have always had animals as my best friends.  Right now I have my 2 cockatiels, Baby and Beenie.  Before Beenie, I had Buddy my parakeet.  My birds give so much unconditional love and make me feel so much better as a person.  I have learned so much since I have owned my birds.  My birds have taught me how to love my Mom, sisters and brother more and how to love my neighbor more.  I see God in animals Nick.  :)

Big Hugs

Barb

+0
Barbara Delgiudice

1912 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/19/2008 2:36:35 PM

Nick here's something that will just make your heart sing!  It's about how a 100 year old male tortise befriended a baby hippo after a tsunami swept away his mother in December of 2004.

This happened off the Kenyan coast of Africa.  This is a Very TRUE STORY!

Even a tortise and hippo can give unconditional love.

I have never seen anything so adorable in my Life!

This just brings tears to my eyes.  God wants us to realize how precious every living animal is on earth.

Listen to this interview. with Dr.

Childrens book made by Dr.Paula Kahumbu.

+0
Jo
Jo Matthias

2947 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/19/2008 3:05:54 PM
Thanks again Nick!!!!
VOTE!!!! POTM!!!
+0