Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Philoxenia # Pontian Genocide
5/8/2009 2:49:05 PM
The apocalipsis
Christian Genocides In Asia Minor
THE ELIMINATION OF
ARAMEANS, ARMENIANS AND GREEKS
By The Young Turks, Donmés, and Zionists

Click above

Georgios
ETERNAL WISDOM-Know ThySelf, PHILOXENIA MetaCafe, Adlanders In Facebook
+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Philoxenia # Pontian Genocide -19th May 2009
5/15/2009 10:59:27 AM

The Beauty of Pontos
A Journey i Pontos (Karadeniz)

Click above
Credits to mozcelik Turkey

Dr Manthos Tsachourides Plays
CARELESS WHISPER
(George Michael)

Click above

+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Philoxenia # Pontian Genocide -19th May 2009 _EXTRA NEWS
5/16/2009 12:04:18 PM
Adelaide30.04.2009

The South Australia State Parliament approved a resolution recognizing the genocide of the Pontians committed by the Turks in the period 1915-1922.

The resolution was tabled in parliament by philhellene Justice Minister Michael Atkinson.

The South Australia Parliament recognized that the genocide committed between 1915 and 1922 by the Ottoman State against the Armenians, Greeks, Assyrians and other minorities in Asia Minor is among the biggest crimes ever against humanity and is being condemned by the people and the state of South Australia.

The resolution maintains that the genocide cannot be erased because of the time that has passed since then and calls on the Australian federal government to formally recognize the genocide.

Photo: philhellene Justice Minister of South Australia Michael Atkinson (dressed in a Pontian costume) in an event of Greek expatriates in Adelaide.

Source: ANA-MPA

+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Philoxenia # Pontian Genocide -19th May 2009 _EXTRA NEWS
5/16/2009 12:05:54 PM

SAE (ΣΑΕ) Greeks abroad infor

Melbourne14.05.2009

Relations between Australia and Turkey are likely to be disturbed after the decision of the South Australia State Parliament to recognize the genocide of the Pontians, Armenians and Assyrians.

The Turkish ambassador to Australia who made the comment also expressed regret and disappointment for the decision by South Australian Attorney General, Minister of Justice and Multicultural Affairs, Michael Atkinson to visit Greece next week and address an event organized by the Pontians in Thessaloniki.

Last month following a motion tabled by Atkinson, the South Australia State Parliament formally recognized the Pontian genocide, a move that led Turkey to make a formal demarche to the Australian government.

Source: ANA-MPA

+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Philoxenia # Pontian Genocide -19th May 2009 _PYRRICHIC DANCE OF GODS
5/16/2009 1:32:19 PM

PYRRICHIC DANCE OF GODS

by Nana Mouskouri

DANCE IN ARMOR (VATICAN MUSEUM)

Click above

COMMENT:
Interesting orchestration made by maestro George Hatzinassios in 1985 who always used the latest musical techniques to achieve a modern and up-to-date sound in his musical pieces. Funny Hatzinassios always tend to have one of these strange-sounding songs on each artist's album (The digital electronic Psychaedelic "Ta simata" from 1983 written for Greek singer Marinella is another case by the nutcase. Thankfully though - This was an easy case for highly skilled Mouskouri.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!