Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
I do not consider my self a Racist but this is interesting !
5/12/2008 5:23:29 PM
Proud To Be White

> Someone finally said it.

> How many are actually paying attention to this?

> There are African Americans,  Mexican Americans, Asian Americans, Arab,
 Native Americans, etc.

> .....And then there are just -

> Americans.

> You pass me on the street

> and sneer in my direction.

> You Call me 'White boy,'  'Cracker,' 'Honkey,'    'Whitey,' 'Caveman,'

> .....And that's OK.

> But when I call you Nigger, Kike, Towel head, Sand-nigger, Camel Jockey,
Beaner, Gook, or Chink,     .....You call me a racist.

> You say that whites commit a lot of violence against you, so why are the ghettos the most  dangerous places to live?

> You have the United Negro College Fund.

> You have Hispanic History Month.

> You have Martin Luther King Day.

> You have Asian History Month.

> You have Black History Month.

> You have Cesar Chavez Day.

> You have Ma'uled Al-Nabi.

> You have Yom Hashoah.

> You have Kawanza.

> You have the NAACP.

> And you have BET.

If we had WET  (White Entertainment Television)   .....We'd be racists.

> If we had a White Pride Day  .....You would call us racists.

> If we had White History Month .....We'd be racists.

> If we had any organization for only whites to 'advance' OUR lives, .....We'd be racists.

> We have a Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, a Black Chamber of Commerce, and then we just have the plain Chamber of Commerce.   Wonder who pays for that?

> If we had a college fund that only gave white students scholarships
 .....You know we'd be racists.

> There are over 60 openly-proclaimed

> Black-only Colleges in the US,

> yet if there were 'White-only Colleges' .....THAT would be a racist college.

> In the Million-Man March, you believed that you were marching for your race and rights.

> If we marched for our race and rights, .....You would call us racists.

> You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and red, and you're not afraid to announce it.

> But when we announce our white pride .....You call us racists.

> You rob us, carjack us, and shoot at us.  But, when a white police officer
 shoots a black gang member or beats up a black drug-dealer who is running from the LAW and posing a threa t to ALL of society .....You call him a racist.

> Why is it that only whites can be racists?

I am white,  blonde, blue eyed and fair  but my heritage is  Dutch, Irish, Cherokee Indian and English !   My mother is dark skinned, brown haired, brown eyed very much of Indian heritage.   My father was pure blooded English, blonde, blued eyed and fair skinned.     We are a cultural, DNA blend of what many AMERICANS are .....  if their ancestors have been in USA for a few generations.

hmmmmmmm   I never felt I did not belong to my mother, never worried that I did not look like her or my sister, that all 6 of my parents kids had various features blended from quite a gene pool !
+0
Vel
Vel Am

319 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Financial Problems: No Cost Solutions
5/12/2008 6:22:05 PM

Wow you are brave to post this!  

I, an American Irish English Scots Cherikee Chactaw person of mixed decent, never guite got the ethnic precidence of one race over another.   Having been raised around white, indian, and mexican folks, I just figured folks was folks.

When it was explained to me that I was White, I'd look at my arm and under the dirt see tan covering my pink skin.  I'd say - "No I'm not!  Here look I'm pink and tan and so are you cause you got pink in your skin too." 

Adam and Eve were my ancestors and I beleive they were everbody else's acestors too.   To me that puts us on the same footing, Adam became imperfect and spread that imperfection to the rest of us.   So none of us is perfect, which means we are still all on the safe footing, imperfect that is.

Vel

- - Matthew 6:33 “Keep on, then, seeking first the kingdom and his righteousness, and all these [other] things will be added to YOU. 34 So, never be anxious about the next day, for the next day will have its own anxieties. Sufficient for each day is its own badness. .. . . . http://www.presidentialfield.com/abelchat/ Jeremiah 33: 3 ‘Call to me, and I shall answer you and readily tell you great and incomprehensible things that you have not known.’”
+0
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: I do not consider my self a Racist but this is interesting !
5/12/2008 6:23:56 PM
 Proud to be an American, Cherokee Indian and Italian! God_bless you all. Thomas
AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0
5/12/2008 6:52:55 PM

Hello Linda and Friends.

I learned all about racism many years ago when my children were very young. We invited all of the children from their classes at school and several other little kids to a birthday party. They were of all colors and creeds. They all saw each other only as friends. It wasn't untill they all got much older that race became an issue. This is what they learned from the adults in their lives. Personally, I believe that what we can learn from our children is a much more valuable lesson than many of the lessons that we teach them.

My philosophy is simple. I will love and respect you no matter what color you are as long as you love and respect me and those I care about. If you don't, I won't.

Can You Imagin? A United Advocacy For Autism Forum.
May a smile follow you to sleep each night
     and be there waiting,,,,,,,,when you awaken
Sincerely, Billdaddy
May a smile follow you to sleep each night and,,,,,be there waiting,,,,,when you awaken http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/8212/ShowForum.aspx Sincerely, Billdaddy
+0
Vel
Vel Am

319 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
5/12/2008 8:57:11 PM

So I can't spell.   Lovely Butterfly.

William, you are children are blind to race issues.

Vel

- - Matthew 6:33 “Keep on, then, seeking first the kingdom and his righteousness, and all these [other] things will be added to YOU. 34 So, never be anxious about the next day, for the next day will have its own anxieties. Sufficient for each day is its own badness. .. . . . http://www.presidentialfield.com/abelchat/ Jeremiah 33: 3 ‘Call to me, and I shall answer you and readily tell you great and incomprehensible things that you have not known.’”
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!