Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Bill Brown

480 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Needed, Friends? So, On-line Communities?
4/27/2008 1:54:52 PM

Hi Roger,

I dont know about anyone else but  I cant join all these different  sites I am invited to join.

I dont have enough hours in the day as it is.

My Prioity  is to my clients, the rest  is  when and if  I have time.

I consentrate  on  support  and  resolving  site scripting  problems first.

Then  on the various other things  I do.

Recently  I have  not had enough time to do articles on various things, and I have a list  of topics I want to cover as soon as the time does become free.

In th emean time  I just keep plugging away.

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/27/2008 4:15:59 PM

Hi Bj,

I know exactly what you mean.

The general view seems to be moving in that direction so why do folks keep on starting new ones.

I am going to start a movement to add three more days to a week. It could be fun naming them and trying to agree where the new ones could be fitted.

Time is a challenge to many who have a zest for living.

Keep doing what your doing Bj, your doing very well.

Roger

+0
Neil Sperling

1645 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
4/28/2008 12:12:40 PM
Roger

Wow what a nail on the head. As Jim Crose said in his song "there never seems to be enough time, to do the things you want to do, once you find them."

I'm paddling in the same boat - My forums have suffered, my inviting new friends has suffered because I am spending much more time doing the necessary things to get my business flying and my home bills paid. My day job left me without work and without income for four months. Zippo!

My on line Business is taking off nicely, however it is not yet able to be my only source of income.... and after no income from construction for four months I am over loaded.......

You my friend are so correct. Everyone wants you to join the latest and greatest social communities..... I say "what for?"

If you are not getting any results in any you now belong to, then it has nothing to do with the community... but everything to do with your actions.

Personally I think most hits generating sites are way over rated. It is not the site that matters, but what you do once you are there and like you said there is only so much time in a day.

Also - so many people spend most there time marketing the gurus latest and greatest hits generating crap, they do not market their business that pays them.

The gurus play on our gullability!

Most gurus never built a team themselves... they sell useless e-books and programs making a fortune off those of us who stop promoting a valuable product or service to promote their useless latest and greatest system.

I echo your statement - I stayed up late working, so slept in. I work from the time I get up till I go to bed and still more ideas pop into my head on things I can do, so when the day is over, no matter how much I get done, there is more to do at the days end than there was at the beginning and yet my day was productive... LOL

Then comes burn out - you work all day every day and production eventually drops down. You do burn out and need a break. Life is that way... period.

Thanks for the thread and invite - I value your friendship greatly and will continue to be your fan and friend.

Time permitting! ..... LOL

Love Light and Laughter

Neil

re- writing - have you tried Hub Pages? You write anyway and that site is very professional and indexed high.

Here is my hub page home page..... now if I could only find the time to write 21 more articles I have planned....

you can earn from the hits on Hub Pages too!

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/28/2008 4:10:16 PM

Neil,

Great post.

Thank you so much for your time and your findings.

Your tip about Hub pages will be checked out. Thank you.

You are a good friend.

Roger

+0
Jo Anne Green

1335 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
4/28/2008 10:52:55 PM

Hello Roger,

I find that your topics are interesting, so I would like share with you some of my favorite quotes on time management and friendship.
"Gaining time is gaining everything in love, trade
and war."
  -
John Shebbeare

"
You cannot kill time without injuring eternity."
- Henry David Thoreau

"
True happiness consists not in the multitude of friends, but in their worth and choice." -Samuel Johnston

"
My father always used to say that when you die, if you've got five real friends, then you've had a great life." - Lee Iacocca

By the way, if you have time I would like to invite you to get Around the World with JoAnne & Friends. Here's the link: http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/29033/ShowForum.aspx

If you don't have time, I just want you to know it's okay to feel guilty. (Smile.)

All the Best!

JoAnne Green 
Principal/International Risk Management Advisor

Integrity + Experience + Dependability

Sunburst International Risk Managementwww.InternationalRiskManagement.comSunburst Worldwide Insurance Serviceswww.WorldwideMedicalPlans.com
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!