Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: THE 2ND EDITION OF THE WELCOME WAGON FOR 2008
4/21/2008 11:56:18 PM
Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0
Steven Suchar

13302 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/23/2008 7:28:55 AM
"Thank You Marilyn For Your Personal Invitation"  :)

Whoa...What A List!!

Best graphics for your profile! SparkleTags.com
+0
4/27/2008 2:21:57 PM

Thank you , Marilyn !

Wellcome new members ! Let's be friends !

Have a wonderful day !

+0
La Nell !

3647 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/27/2008 4:54:56 PM
Hi Marilyn, Welcome all the new members. LaNell                                      
+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/27/2008 5:18:11 PM
SALAM ALAIKUM Marilyn!

This Great day for Christianity and the biggest happening for the Orthodoxy Ecumenical Church I am visiting your forum after very long time to send my best wishes to you and yours.

WELCOME NEW FRIENDS!
And Happy Easter from Greece

Feel as at your home. This forum and community is one the the best known on internet. There are forums for all of you. Forums where you can promote your oppotunities and forums to work social. Good work is also awarded in several forums. Make use of this oppotunity to be welcomed and featured by Marilyn.

It is a Special day in my country today. Tomorrow is a special day for me. My Names Day. In my country and our tradtion we say. Your birthday is know only to  your relatives and your closest friends but your name is know to everyone.

We do not invite friends to our names days. You just jump in to the party.

I wish you all success, health and happiness!

Agion Oros, Macedonia

Now and then
Holy Mt Athos- Αγιον Ορος Άθως

The Holy Mount is a self- governed part of the Greek state, subject to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in its political aspect and to the Ecumenical Patriarch of Constantinopole as regards its religious aspect.

Ckick for tour over Mt Athos

Mount Athos or Agion Oros, as it is locally known, is the oldest surviving monastic community in the world. It dates back more than a thousand years, to Byzantine times. It is a unique monastic republic, which, although part of Greece, it is governed by it's own local administration. It occupies the best part of the Athos peninsula in Chalkidiki.

It consists of a range which runs south-east for thirty miles from Xerxes' Canal, where Xerxes the Persian King cut a canal across the peninsula for his ships to pass. A rugged, sea-battered peninsula 56 kilometers long. Two kilometers wide at the canal, it broadens to eight, with a long back-bone rising into peaks of roughly five hundred, six hundred, six hundred and fifty, eight hundred and fifty and a thousand meters.

Finally the imposing marble summit of Athos itself, 2,039 meters high, 6,670 feet of grey-white crystalline limestone. It's snow cupped peak is usually crowned by white clouds, an awesome sight to see.

Because of it's isolation Mount Athos has remained one of the most unspoiled parts of Greece. The landscape is stunning and wild, with small green valleys and gorges, well wooded peaks interspersed with precipitous ravines and an inaccessible coastline. Small streams of crystal clear water run free under the deep shade of the chestnut trees.

Here and there in this wilderness are the fortified walls of the monasteries, with small vegetable plots around them, encircled by a silver-green sea of the olive groves. Hidden among the greenery and the impassable gorges, perched in the most unexpected positions is the white speckle of a little hut were a hermit spends his days in solitude and contemplation.

It is a land where myth is entwined with history, miracles mingle with reality. Savage mountain scenery reflecting on the dark blue sea create that essential framework of isolation in a peaceful, solitary world, chosen by the hermits for their monastic state

Kindest Regards
Georgios
ETERNAL WISDOM-Know ThySelf, PHILOXENIA MetaCafe, Adlanders In Facebook
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!