Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Horse Pucky!!
9/23/2006 8:32:18 PM
Greetings, dear friends, Perhaps those who grew up in warmer climes or wealthier families than I did will not understand the term, "Horse Pucky." It is a somewhat more polite term than the one often used to describe some of the absolutely worthless and crooked money-snatching programs I've been deleting today as I clean out one of my inboxes. Look at this one advertising a new course put together by someone I KNOW needs to take a course, himself: "It's a complete A-Z training program to guide you step-by-step to internet success." Yeah, right! Horse Pucky!! And to top it all off, look at the P.S. he has tagged on at the end (errors included): "P.S: Make no mistake -- This is a blueprint to internet success. Many people have tried this system and is making money part-time or full-time." Like I said, I'm not blowing steam, here; I KNOW this guy - don't throw your money away. (This guy is actually a friend - imagine what I might say if he was an enemy! LOL!!) How about this one: "I Just Couldn't Recommend It to You" (Why? Because it was priced at $1500 and I felt really stupid that I actually paid that much for something that really didn't work properly, anyway, and I didn't want to admit that I bought this Horse Pucky for such a ridiculous price.... But NOW that the market has been flooded by suckers - errr - clients who paid way to much for an inferior product - I now want to recommend that you waste only $97 on it...) Guess what? For virtually ANY marketing software or ebook, program, etc, all you need to do to realize just how useless it is AND to get it free is to wait. You usually won't have to wait very long before it's being given away for nothing more expensive than your email address on a capture page. Here's a real beaut: "I Need 200 Success Stories" My goal is to take 200 average people and show them how to make $1,057.50 every week within their first 30 days." Follow the links, and you find out that it's SO valuable that it's now being given away on an email capture page... Man, if it was REAL it would really be worth a fortune. Do people really believe some of this stuff? No wonder so many online entrepeneurs have no money and huge credit card bills. Another email promises: "Ryan & Andrew can show you how to do nothing and generate over $10,000 a month." I don't need to make any further comments on that piece of Horse Pucky! Shawn Casey (Oops - did I actually just tell you the name of one of these so-called "gurus? ") makes this claim: "If You Can Click Your Mouse, Then I Guarantee You'll Make At Least $1,000 In As Little As 48 Hours Starting From Scratch." If you part with the $39 for this 825 page ebook, I can at least guarantee one thing - you'll be poorer by $39! Note also that when you actually read through the long, LOOOOONG sales page, you'll find that he actually hides a little disclaimer in amongst all the hype that tells you that not everyone will actually make the kind of money he's talking about.... Wow! Big surprise! In fact, most people will fall asleep long before they even get through the first hundred pages... More Horse Pucky - pure scam - "Turn $30 into $279,300 IT IS POSSIBLE! Anyone can do it!" Next, here's one from a guy who just feels SO bad that so many people are getting scammed and losing money that he's taken it upon himself to let you in on all the secrets that all the other money-grubbing gurus are keeping to themselves: "Make up to $250 in 60 Minutes, over and over again, sitting at home in your pajamas!" For just under 50 bucks, you can make him feel all warm and fuzzy for letting you in on this "secret." Horse Pucky! Beware of ANY so-called money making program that tells you that you don't have to sell anything! If you're not offering a product or service in return for hard cash, you're not in business and you're NOT making money! I could go on and on and on and on... about so-called "bootleg videos" of internet "gurus" spilling their guts, guaranteed free targeted traffic, unlimited wealth "secrets," How to get Your keywords listed in the top 10 on Google (yeah, if you choose the right words and they are almost meaningless as a search term), and so on. The facts are that in order to make money online, just as in the offline world, it requires a product or service (there's nothing wrong with an affiliate program), and lots of learning, research, hard work, persistence, advertising and more hard work. Any program that promises instant riches with no work is just... Horse Pucky. Horse Pucky - noun - frozen, hockey puck-shaped object left behind by a large solid-hoofed herbivorous mammal of the genus Equus (a horse). God bless, Dave
+0
Kathy Hamilton

13886 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Horse Pucky!!
9/23/2006 8:37:48 PM
Hello Dave, Thank you for showing the difference and bringing to light these types of offers.I to find it unconcievable when someone tells me I can make 20,000 in one week,hello I usually tell them money talks Bull---- walks.If you can actually put that in my hands i mean real cash im weith you,but untill then please get real!!!!!! Thanks,kathy/simikathy.net
I walk by faith not by sight Profit Clicking http://www.profitclicking.com/?r=simikathy
+0
9/23/2006 8:43:34 PM
Thank You Dave,

We need more of us to help be a guardian for the newbie, the gullable, and the desperate.

It is far better to prevent a poor investment than try to reason after our money and our ego are on the line.

There is no secret/magic formula that everyone is told. If it really were a secret/magic formula, when everyone is notified, it just because a "has been"

Want to know how to get rated high with Google, read their manual, do the work, do it right. Here is a couple of guys who did and do, Andy and Brad - Convert Links - GoingNatural - http://www.convertlinks.com/

David
DrDA Detox and Heal
435-616-5480 - dblack@dbresearchlc.com
Hello Healthy
No Stress
+0
Deborah Skovron

2979 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/23/2006 9:17:57 PM

Hi Dave,

I hope that some of the new people here at Adland read your forum. It will save them a lot of money and heartache.

My business has a real product, but it has taken time and honesty to build it.

Thank you Dave.

Your Good Friend

Deborah

BrandName Kidswear starting at $2.65. http://debs-kids.com 12 Page Book thats creating miracles...FREE http://www.debs-kids.com/star-thrower.pdf Where Money Grows Like Kids
+0
Kathy Kanouse

3270 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/23/2006 9:23:12 PM
Thanks Dave I'm glad to see the real results being put out there for all of us. I for one don't know beans about Networking & you all have taught me so much here at Adland.
THANKS EVERYONE
Kathy C
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!