Menu

Bogdan Fiedur

4629 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
People are always blaming their circumstances ...
3/26/2008 9:45:37 AM

"People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can't find them, make them. "

-- George Bernard Shaw, Playwright

Hello
New Reply
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: People are always blaming their circumstances ...
3/26/2008 10:20:41 AM

Hi Bogdan and thank you for a great quote.

Yes people use circumstances to explain who and what they  are.  The idea is to rise above circumstances, use as a springboard to improve ones circumstances and even to grow and learn from them.  Forgive me if I misspell some names but here is what comes to mind.

Helen Keller:  Blind, deaf, without speech.  She ignored her handicaps, inconveniences and became a great orator.

Amos:  homeless living on the street now selling "Famous Amos Cookies" and no longer homeless.

John McCain, Martin Luther KIng  and Mandell:  Imprisoned but became servants to their countries and others.

"The Little Zoo that Could" Alabama, moved 200 + animals from the rage of Ivan the Hurricane.  6 mos. later moved them again from the harm of  Hurrican Dennis.  Now they have a finer, safer zoo in land and  are well known.

Hillary Clinton, Elenore Roosevelt:  Suffered through the indignity of infidility but were not crushed by it.  They too served their country.

For those who have walked thousands of miles, endangering their lives so that they could live a free life with dignity, a great and grand salute and welcome to America.

For those in Adlandpro (I will not name out of respect for their dignity) who daily  face circumstances most of us could never undertand, a big hug for being here and doing all you do to build our community and your personal business. 

For those who are crushed by circumstances a heartfelt "this is tragic", but now let's move on.  Everyone has their own story to tell but those who rise above, go under, over or how ever and  become  ENTREPENURS,  CONGRATULATIONS.

New Reply
+0
3/26/2008 10:23:32 AM

Thanks for another hard-hitting true saying, Bogdan!

It is amazing how much "circumstances" can change when we just start "doing" instead of complaining.

Learning to take action is one of the most difficult step that chronic complainers can accomplish in their efforts to change their circumstances.

Thanks for keeping us on our toes, Bogdan.

I know that I appreciate it.

Yvonne Finn

Tap or Click here: Join Free to learn how technology working for you as your best employee can help you live a life of prosperity unlike most others will ever enjoy and how to earn four, five, six or more streams of income promoting just this one single no-cost-ever-to-join program.
New Reply
+0
Judy Smith

4550 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/26/2008 10:33:24 AM

Hi Bogdan!

What a true, true statement!!   We can all make a choice everyday to choose the "circumstances" we want. 

I love the "and if they can't find them, make them."

George Bernard Shaw was quite insightful!!

Thanks for a great quote!!

Judy

New Reply
+0
Lydia Fokina

2042 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/26/2008 10:49:49 AM
All our life - the game, and people in it - actors!
Congratulations with the International day of Theatre!

New Reply
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!