Menu

Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Do you enjoy letting flowers die? Then why let your business die??
3/2/2008 9:16:24 AM

If you don't make an effort to advertise your business on a regular basis, that's just like not watering your plants and flowers. 

Would you spend money on an exotic plant, and then not water it, and then wonder why it stopped blooming, shriveled up, and died?  You'd know it was because you didn't water it, right? 

Then why do you wonder why your business doesn't produce for you, if you don't advertise on a regular basis?

Whether you spent your own money on a beautiful flowering plant, or if someone gave it to you, you are the one who needs to take care of it...it won't water itself! 

If you spend money to join a business or if it was free to join, you still need to advertise, that's your responsibility.  You owe it to yourself to make a consistent effort to advertise.

You wouldn't look at your flowering plant every day and wonder why it's dying, if you knew you never watered it.  No one in their right mind has ridiculous false hopes like that, do you?

So why do you have high hopes that you'll earn a huge income if you don't advertise your business? 

You'll never see someone become a master gardener if they've never watered their plants.  You'll never see someone become successful in a business program if they've never advertised.  These things don't happen by themselves, you've got to take action toward the results that you expect.

New Reply
+0
Larry Blethen

2241 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Do you enjoy letting flowers die? Then why let your business die??
3/2/2008 9:57:35 AM
hello Kathleen..you are correct..very well put..Larry
Larry Blethen http://www.bluelight-marketing.com larry.blethen@bluelight-marketing.com, 304-369-5603
New Reply
+0
Sheryl Loch

1260 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
3/2/2008 12:08:15 PM
Hello Master Gardner Kathleen,
I would just ad that a plant does not thrive on water alone.

You would not get a dozen roses from your husband & put them in a sparkling vase with old moldy water. You want it fresh & clean.

You also Never use the same soil to long or all the nutrients are used up & your plants will die of starvation.

You also can not just throw fertilizer on your plant or it will burn up fast. It has to be an even mixture & blended in with care.

That said in the theme of your post, What I want to say in plain.

You must add new information. Do not use the same ad that everyone else is using. Add yourself to the mix. Show that you have a passion for what you do. Show that you are a real person with ideas & thoughts.

If you are only posting (or sending) ads you will soon grow limp, wither & die.

My name is Sheryl Loch (replace your name here) NOT Wholefood Farmacy (replace your business here).

You will never own anything as important as your name, feelings, thoughts, & ideas.

Sheryl Loch ~ allmylovecrafts

New Reply
+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/2/2008 12:35:49 PM
Thanks, Larry!  Thank you for visiting, reading, and posting!!
New Reply
+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/2/2008 1:48:57 PM

Thanks, Sheryl!

I thought about mentioning fertilizer and sunlight but I wanted to keep it simple!

You're absolutely right about the need to be unique with our ads, there are too many people using the exact same ads, given to them by the company, that all the thousands of other people are using for their particular business.

We all need to seriously study every aspect of our businesses and write many different ads, sometimes people are much more interested in the benefits or bonuses than they are in the main business itself.  We need to find out what appeals to different people and use a variety of advertising.

Thanks for your visit and your perspectives!!

New Reply
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!