Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Advertising Vs Marketing
5/2/2007 7:22:11 AM

Hi My Adland Friends:

I'm jumping back in and since I haven't read up on the marketing strategies, I would be delighted to hear from you on what your favorite methods are.

I started doing the following

Step 1: Safelists - Ipostad set it and forget. What appealed to me was not having to validate my entries and empty my email box. It was self explanatory in setting up. Downer: too many banned email addresses so you have to use the recommended one. It holds a lot of email and they do all the work! The first few days I got two hits off of the email blasts and ffa rotators and now I’m on my way up!

Step 2: Social Networking - This seems to be the new big trend. I'm all for it as it gives me access to lots of new people and ideas that normally would never have been shared. Well this can get a bit queasy and I have to decide exactly who I want to attract and stick to that particular type of people. Do not compromise your standards to just add a friend. This could be detrimental to my site and reputation.

On this one I used Ryze help expand my business network.

Linkedin because I like how the pages looked. Professional and streamlined. 

Terrazap I signed up with because there was a clickthrough on my stats page for my website. I like some of the features but most you have to pay for so I'm not going to rate them very high right now.

Yahoo 360 I love this one. It's yahoo what else do I say here.

Step 3: Blogging - Kathy suggested I start writing. I'm thinking gosh what do I have to share with everyone? so I think I will just share myself. I started blogging everyday on each of these sites.

http://www.myspace.com/leannorjane

http://360.yahoo.com/leannorjane

Step 4: Opt-In Lists - for people to signup for my newsletter list. I put out the box and have yet to really implement it to build my list.

Step 5: Ezine Advertising - pending implementation

Step 6: Classified Ads - I post a few here and there. I love Craigslist and have gotten some great leads from there. It's free to post but be careful of spamming the list.

So there is my good start. I went from 2 hits to 100 a day now. I know I need to be more diligent in posting my blogs and to the forums. Myspace is doing well in terms of clickthrus.

I think I need to work on my adcopy/sales copy and being consistent in my postings.

An ephiphany hit me last night also after reading an article. Don't sell..... Market who you. People want to know who you are & HOW it's working for me. So I'm taking a personal approach now. Like Kathy says advertise your presence and Market your Identity.

Thanks for any input you might leave for us new/renewed marketers.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!