Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
The
The Drummerboy

1069 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Key life This week: Questions For Steve And Pete
4/30/2007 11:24:31 AM

Welcome to Key Life! Key Life Ministries is home to the Bible teaching of Steve Brown, dedicated to getting you, and those you love, Home with freedom, joy, and faithfulness to Christ as your crowning achievement

I found some posts on one mof my favorite websites where Steve Brown invites people to submit their questions to which Steve and his pastor Pete attempt to answer on the air. 

Please feel free to provide your opinoin on this matter.

Here was one of last Friday's questions:

I am a fairly new believer and have a question about the different bible translations. A friend of mine who has helped me in my new life has recently told me that the NKJV is the closest to the original scriptures. I started my reading in the NIV and later bought an NLT Promise Keepers devotional bible but I prefer the NIV. My church uses the NLT and my friend has told me that the NLT is more of an interpretation not a word for word translation. Is this considered false doctrine? No matter what version I read I hear the same things just worded different.

Does it matter which version of the Bible I read or is it really a matter of preference?

~ Drummerboy Keep on thinking positive…..thank God for everything that’s good in your life……..and make it a great week!

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!